lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
young_pup
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Custom CC Precedent Stretch 4/2

Hi all, thought I would throw out a question for everyone- does anyone know if / where aluminum frame rail extension extrusions are available for the CC Precedent? I'd like to do my own stretch apart from a standard kit, but would like to use the proper rails to extend like the big-name kits do.

Suggestions welcome.
young_pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
young_pup
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Custom CC Precedent Stretch 4/2

Went to my local GC Dealer today to get a new brake cable and noticed a CC Precedent frame in the scrap pile. When I asked about it I was told it had been involved in a collision and the front end was bent. They said to make them an offer if I wanted it.

I've got to take a few measurements but I think I could probably get a long-enough center section out of both frame rails to make the center portion of a stretch on my cart. I might go back over there this coming week with a measuring tape.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:52 PM   #3
TonicThrower
Not Yet Wild

Do it! Low ball them and get them to make you come up some.

Take lots of pictures and make a long good build thread about it. I'll read it.
TonicThrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:52 AM   #4
young_pup
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here's the working concept-

Still working on the attachment method. An internal sleeve is the cleanest, like the Madjax kit and others, but without the right size material (in those kits there is a custom extrusion used) the fit would be sloppy and weak. I'm thinking the nerf bars could be incorporated into the stretch kit and would provide additional rigidity between the old and new. It's a developing story.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center