lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default The rescue build thread.

Rescued a precedent this weekend. It was flooded during hurricane Harvey. Not sure if any of the electronics work but really have no intentions of using any of them anyway. Alltrax 500xct and mot a4 will be going in. Inspection of the rear end showed no signs of water getting in thankfully!

Was able to get it power washed today what a difference!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Jake's 6in LT installed. This is my second LT install on a precedent. Can anyone tell me how to get the OEM shock tower out with out cutting into several pieces? The first one I did I fought for 2 hours before I decided to cut it. This time I hit it twice with a hammer it didn't move at all. Pulled out my angle grinder with a cut off wheel and I had it off real quick lol.

Thinking about polishing the frame I spent a few minutes with some mothers aluminum mag polish and it quickly turned to an almost mirror finish. With some power tools itll be really easy.

Old 09-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Started the frame polishing today. It's a bit of work but the results are worth it!

Old 09-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #4
snoopy68
Not Yet Wild

How did you Polish it to look like that ? And will it last ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snoopy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #5
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I cleaned with mothers aluminum mag polish on a scotch brite pad. Then I wet sanded with 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit paper. Then I polished with a mothers polishing cone and aluminum mag polish. Took about an hour on each section.

It should last a while I guess time will tell. My carts live inside and dont ever see rain/snow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy68 View Post
How did you Polish it to look like that ? And will it last ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 04:42 AM   #6
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Starting to iron out the power plant details.

Going lithium again because once you go lithium you'll never go back...

Working with Ian at ZEVA this is what we have come up with.

I should be able to drive this baby to work and back! [emoji23]

Old 09-14-2018, 05:12 AM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like a cool build! You definitely have more patience than me with polishing the frame!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:17 AM   #8
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Looks like a cool build! You definitely have more patience than me with polishing the frame!
Thanks,

This is going to be a master piece... I may tear up when it sells. If I can bring myself to sell it when its finished. Lol I'll deff be putting some seat time on it until I know the lithium is good.

I spent last weekend making and ordering a stainless hardware kit for precedents. I was able to find everything but the plastic to plastic screws. I'm talking to a manufacture I know through work about making those as well but I can't imagine itll be cost effective. We will see. Once I test fit all the stainless I'll be posting my order list for anyone to use.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:32 AM   #9
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm also curious if the shine will last on the aluminum. Aluminum oxidizes over time, giving it the dull appearance. Using the polish compound I think would help the shine last longer.

Have you considered spraying a clear coat? That should "seal" the shine from oxidizing.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:47 AM   #10
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I'm also curious if the shine will last on the aluminum. Aluminum oxidizes over time, giving it the dull appearance. Using the polish compound I think would help the shine last longer.

Have you considered spraying a clear coat? That should "seal" the shine from oxidizing.
In all honesty I am not real worried about it. I also build 10/22s and I've done a bunch of polished aluminum receivers. I still have 4 of them and these were done 10 years ago. They still look like the day I polished them. The aluminum mag polish is some pretty awesome stuff I cover over it with auto wax. Clear coat isnt a bad idea. But it's not a great one either unless you can be sure that the entire piece is 100 percent sealed if moisture is able to get under in any one place it will spread and because of the clear coat you wont be able to get to the oxidized areas and polish them clean again. It may be less work in the short term but eventually you would be stripping and repolishing. Touching up the areas you can see shouldn't be much of an issue. Time will tell I will have this cart a few months before it's ready to go up for sale. I'll see how it holds up. Even if it gets a little cloudy itll still look pretty good.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium