lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2020, 05:17 PM   #21
Hogcard
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2018 Club Car Subaru Throttle Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeau View Post
Hi RockportFish, thanks for your previous help with this, I have a question regarding throttle cable adjustment since I’ve tweaked this where the cart is going 24MPH, just where I want it. Since I’ve done this, the cart will sometimes backfire when taking off from a complete stop. It seems to me that there’s too much fuel being sent to the engine after making this change to the throttle adjustment cable. Do you know if there’s another adjustment that now needs to be tweaked to eliminate the backfire? Thanks

Im bringing this up again as I also have the same issue and not sure you had your questions answered.
Hogcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2020, 07:26 AM   #22
Tank46
Not Yet Wild

I did this on my 2015 cc and all it did was increase the acceleration. Did not increase the top speed any.
Tank46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #23
Tacjones310
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Has anyone put on the high speed accelerator cable? Is it worth the $30 or better off adjusting whats there? I know its not a lot of money, just wanted to get peoples opinions about it.
Tacjones310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #24
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacjones310 View Post
Has anyone put on the high speed accelerator cable? Is it worth the $30 or better off adjusting whats there? I know its not a lot of money, just wanted to get peoples opinions about it.
Tacjones , The only thing different on the high speed cable is a shorter (stiffer) spring. With that being said you can duplicate kind of the same effect with a zip tie.
Zip ties are cheap so if you get it to tight to start with cut it off and try again.
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:51 PM   #25
jimscsi
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyz71 View Post
Quit messing with those bolts and put them back to factory. Adjust the throttle cable under the floor 5 to 10 turns. That's all you need to do to get 25MPH out of it and still have it smooth at slow speeds. Remove any zip ties and put the bolts you adjusted back to factory. If you go to far on the throttle cable adjustment under the floor it becomes jerky and hard to drive a slow speeds. I can get 25MPH before it starts to lose it's slow speed ability and I still have great torque.
Props to Barney, The missing piece of my puzzle was under the floorboard, throttle cable adjustment there vs the one on the engine. This worked for my Club Car 2021 DF2105 Precedent I already had a high-speed gear and topped out at about 27-29, the prior throttle adjustment wasn't opening up all the way. The one under the floor had some slack in it, I used a 7/16th wrench and was able to adjust it. 33mph on flat ground 37 downhill, still room for more speed. but this is perfect for now. I also have a gboost clutch kit for 2019-2022 Club Car with Kohler pedal start.
jimscsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car