lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #11
weed14007
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2018 Club Car Subaru Throttle Adjustment

Will 12" wheels fit on my 2018 CC Tempo without a lift kit?
weed14007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2019, 09:35 PM   #12
kenv
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by weed14007 View Post
mine is a 2 seater for the course, FORE
Hey weed...thanks for the description of the rubber floor removal. I got it done today. I did need to use the screwdriver to force some back in under the edge lip. But the mod was a success. Went from 20 to 25 on my Onward 6 seater. Thanks for the help and have a great summer. Ken
kenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:28 PM   #13
myname999
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyz71 View Post
Quit messing with those bolts and put them back to factory. Adjust the throttle cable under the floor 5 to 10 turns. That's all you need to do to get 25MPH out of it and still have it smooth at slow speeds. Remove any zip ties and put the bolts you adjusted back to factory. If you go to far on the throttle cable adjustment under the floor it becomes jerky and hard to drive a slow speeds. I can get 25MPH before it starts to lose it's slow speed ability and I still have great torque.
Does this work for a 2015 i2 gas precedent also?
myname999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:48 PM   #14
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Very Good Info Thanks
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:17 AM   #15
kantuckian
Gone Wild

good info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:32 PM   #16
GoBeau
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Can you tell me which way you turned the throttle cable to increase the speed on the Gas Club car Onward (toward the front or back)? Looking to do the same..... how many turns did you do to get the increase speed? I’m attaching a picture to confirm that this is what need to be adjusted, is this correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7BDE3301-9D24-46D8-97DF-00A054D6A0EB.jpg (158.8 KB, 0 views)
GoBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:31 AM   #17
RockportFish
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeau View Post
Can you tell me which way you turned the throttle cable to increase the speed on the Gas Club car Onward (toward the front or back)? Looking to do the same..... how many turns did you do to get the increase speed? I’m attaching a picture to confirm that this is what need to be adjusted, is this correct?
The red circle on your picture is the brake cable to brake pedal linkage adjustment, not the Throttle cable. The Arrow pointing at "B" is the Throttle cable adjuster, loosen the 2 nuts, you want to adjust them so that the cable is being pulled forward towards the pedal. Please measure the current amount of thread exposed before loosening anything (take a picture too), as that will be you stock adjustment point for reference. And as you mentioned in the other post, yes, it can affect your low speed take off depending on how much you adjust it. I suggest you start with 1/8" increments.
RockportFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #18
GoBeau
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you, glad I asked. Happy New Year to you.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:41 PM   #19
GoBeau
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeau View Post
Thank you, glad I asked. Happy New Year to you.
Worked like a charm...... thx.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:13 PM   #20
GoBeau
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockportFish View Post
The red circle on your picture is the brake cable to brake pedal linkage adjustment, not the Throttle cable. The Arrow pointing at "B" is the Throttle cable adjuster, loosen the 2 nuts, you want to adjust them so that the cable is being pulled forward towards the pedal. Please measure the current amount of thread exposed before loosening anything (take a picture too), as that will be you stock adjustment point for reference. And as you mentioned in the other post, yes, it can affect your low speed take off depending on how much you adjust it. I suggest you start with 1/8" increments.
Hi RockportFish, thanks for your previous help with this, I have a question regarding throttle cable adjustment since I’ve tweaked this where the cart is going 24MPH, just where I want it. Since I’ve done this, the cart will sometimes backfire when taking off from a complete stop. It seems to me that there’s too much fuel being sent to the engine after making this change to the throttle adjustment cable. Do you know if there’s another adjustment that now needs to be tweaked to eliminate the backfire? Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car