lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #1
Victor B
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My Trail Hog just stopped working, and then started working again.

So, my buggy was working pretty good and I even got a good hunting trip in with it. The last day it worked, I took a good buddy of mine hog hunting and he got a nice one. (You can watch a video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ1654RmIUY

But during the trip, I started having trouble with the throttle control. I lost all variable speed and it was full blast or nothing. It got us home, but the next morning it was totally dead. When I pushed the peddle down I heard the control box click, but nothing happened. It would just sit there and not even try to move.

I had to go out of town for a week and so I just left it. I got back home and went out to work on it today and it is working just fine. Just did a 1 mile trip in it with no problems. Throttle control works fine.

So how could it spontaneously fix itself? It literally sat in the same spot untouched for a week, and then it started working. Now one might think it was a over heating issue, but it sat all night after it started messing up, and would not even move from the spot it sat in all night. I go out of town and leave it right there and it starts working just fine.

This is wired. Any ideas?

Last edited by Victor B; 05-29-2018 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: New developments
Victor B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: My Trail Hog just stopped working, and then started working again.

There is a 4 pin molex plug under the cart that is known to has corrosion issues that contains the ITS wires. Grey casing leading from the back of the throttle box. Also possible there is water in the throttle box.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
Victor B
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
There is a 4 pin molex plug under the cart that is known to has corrosion issues that contains the ITS wires. Grey casing leading from the back of the throttle box. Also possible there is water in the throttle box.
AH! I think you got it. We did have a bad storm the day before the hunt. Do you fix this by drying out the throttle box?
Old 05-30-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Throttle box and molex plug are not next to each other but yes water will cause this. Check them both.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:10 PM   #5
Victor B
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay. So my has been down for about three weeks now. Same problem. It rained again and it stopped working like it did before. After about a week of dry weather it still would not run. So I opened op the Throttle box and cleaned everything in there. Nope. When I press the accelerator pedal, I here a clicking in the control box, but nothing happens. I totally bypassed the control box and I still get nothing. The batteries are fully charged but nothing happens when I press the pedal except for the clicking in the control box.

It did go one time for about 50 feet after pressing the pedal five thousand times, but then stopped and has moved since. I go out every few days to see if the problem will resolve itself, but it is just dead.

I have no idea where to look next as I have never worked on these systems before.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:29 PM   #6
Victor B
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is a video I just made demonstrating the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh1J...ature=youtu.be
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO