lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2018, 08:02 AM   #611
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Yippee, Vicki cold started this a.m. She is running a little rough at low speed . But that is where the 3 jet carb really out performed this 2 jet. This may also be due to still using last years gas.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2018, 10:09 AM   #612
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

A TALE of 2 460's.This is the result of watching too many street outlaws.Shepard and I are with are 460's roaring down the road side by side. He in his finely crafted G 2, me in my rat rod G 14. He turns to me with a wry smile hits his SCRAMBLE button an leaves me in a cloud of nitrous laden exhaust.P.S. I see I have logged in 2.1 hours of riding this season but they have been a troublesome 2.1 hours. I just did the ride down to the next island which went OK. Someone caught a 47" stripper on the southern beach so it is jammed there today.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #613
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Looking at my oil on the dip stick it looked VERY dark. Just did a change and the oil was indeed very dark with lots of sheen in it. I hope the engine wasn't hurt when the clutch stuck and it revved hard. The oil only had 2 hours on it and was changed very late last season.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:38 PM   #614
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
A TALE of 2 460's.This is the result of watching too many street outlaws.Shepard and I are with are 460's roaring down the road side by side. He in his finely crafted G 2, me in my rat rod G 14. He turns to me with a wry smile hits his SCRAMBLE button an leaves me in a cloud of nitrous laden exhaust.P.S. I see I have logged in 2.1 hours of riding this season but they have been a troublesome 2.1 hours. I just did the ride down to the next island which went OK. Someone caught a 47" stripper on the southern beach so it is jammed there today.
Very cool, I'm going to do a video of my nitrous setup soon. Just got to do a little test and tune first.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:03 PM   #615
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

My oil looked pretty good yet, though I only have 10hr or less since it was changed. It leaked out some when the bolts came loose, I checked it and it came out the hole, I had filled it overfull just a little and still over full. It was the color of honey about. I wish I could find a better primary for it, this one still hits different rpm at times, it works ok just could be better. I'd really like to get on to a second cart after I get the carb on it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #616
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Finally found the stripper report on the web. It was 38.5 "s not the 47"s told to me. Gotta watch those fishermen and their fish tales. VERY high winds today so the official marina flee market was delayed until next sunday. BUT the marina still sold the $1 hot dogs and soda. The GF and I ate 2 apiece. Surprised me she ordered up a second one. Her reply to me was when in rome do like the romans. Used the car and not the cart. But in fact a few sturdy souls were there in their carts.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #617
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see Vegascarts posted on facebook 22 hours ago that the shipment of 625's are in their warehouse. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM for those of you waiting. Post says they have 300 engines and the listing for engines only will go up on monday. Also stated next shipment of 460's won't be in until early summer.That was posted for someone looking for a bare block.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:47 PM   #618
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

P.S. The threads should have read stripers and not strippers. As far as I know no strippers of any size have been caught in fortescue.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #619
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I thought from their facebook posting VC was going to start selling the 625 engine only. I am curious. Talk about excessive fun power watch the boys at carsandcameras playing with their 900 cc Ducati powered go kart.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:32 AM   #620
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It appears their first shipment went pretty fast. I guess the stand alone engines might be more attractive to those who have already converted and want to upgrade from a clone or 460 to the 625?
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps