lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #11
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 98 DCS TXT.

This sounding a lot more difficult than the rear leaf springs.

Removing the floor to access the 3 bolts sounds like a PITA.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo TXT front leaf

You only have to remove one side of the floor mat hold down strips. It's not glued down.

Again, you may be able to loosen and tighten them without removing the floor mat. If they start spinning, gotta remove the floor mat.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:02 PM   #13
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is easy to replace the front springs, jack up the front of the cart ,Place jack stands under main frame of cart, take pressure off front axle, do one side at a time, six bolts and nuts whole the spring on.
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:03 AM   #14
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 98 DCS...

From the messages posted here...Sounds like maybe ezgo changed how the leaf springs are bolted to the frame and perhaps made it easier to access on newer models.

Everyone's how to message doesn't mention having to remove floor mat to change out the leaf springs except the other person that has a similar year model.

I don't know how you would torque the nuts down without getting a wrench on the bolt...

Old 02-05-2017, 09:27 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Mine's also a 1998, but a TXT Series. I've often been able to remove and replace nuts without getting a wrench on the bolt. But if even one spins, you'll have to remove the floor mat, assuming yours is mounted the same as mine. I would bet a '98 DCS and a '98 series would have the same frame. Simply crawl under the buggy and see where the rear bolts are.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #16
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I took a look under the cart and don't see how to get a wrench on the bolt if it spins...

Leads to next question...

If I had to...How do you remove the floor mat to access the bolt?

Thx

Skip

Old 02-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Take off the chrome side sill on the passenger side and the mat should be able to slide out.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:01 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'd try and remove the nuts first. To remove the floor mat, there are two stainless steel trim pieces, one on the driver's side and one on the passenger side. I'd remove just one, three bolts/nuts, and with mine, it did require a screwdriver and a socket. You can probably just remove one, and pull it to the other side, to expose all the spring bolts. I think I had to let mine sit a day with WD40 to loosen them.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:04 PM   #19
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the comments... I like to have everything as much as possible figured out before I start working on the cart.

I did see a video where they had the floor mat removed and I could see the bolts for the front leaf springs.

If I remove the chrome side sill...This will allow me to pull up the floor mat?

Are there any issues getting the floor mat off the brake pedal or perhaps I don't need to completely remove the floor mat? Will the floor mat bend enough to get a wrench in there if I need to?

Old 08-02-2020, 09:30 AM   #20
sfdavidson464
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

2014 and up TXTs are a 4-beer job. I just replaced my front and back leaf springs. Back has been covered extensively in the forum and took only 1 beer. Front driver side took 3 beers alone. 🍺

The leaf springs are secured with a plate. To access the 3 bolts securing the plate covering, you have to remove the floor mat and then release the lower floorboard. The lower floorboard has several rivets that must be drilled out. You have to do this on both sides to access both sets of bolt heads.

You don't actually have to remove the floorboard to access the three bolt heads, just release it so you can lift it up and get a wrench in there. Here's a photo link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KUZJp8vgUAW2ccPT7

The bolt for the front of the springs also connects the Steering Box Assembly. You have to remove the front bolt to replace. This was not to difficult. See here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1X1KhdEYsxqZqRJA9

I hope this helps others.
sfdavidson464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO