lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 02 DS speed code 4 not working?

I have a 02 DS, model CQ02xxxx It goes 16 mph.

I see the code 4 dealer sticker on the cart, with the codes. When i plugged in the IQDM, it says speed 4. Then i scroll down to the A,B,C, and i see all 3 have 120 in them.

So i entered the 3 codes off the sticker, and exited, but the cart still runs at 16 mph.

Do i need to do something else after entering the 3 codes, to get the controller to take the codes? Why does it say code 4, yet still have the original 120's in there?

Was wondering do i need to flip the tow switch or something, at a certain time to get the codes to take?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 02 DS speed code 4 not working?

Speed setting 4 simply means that the motor will not exceed 19.6mph. It's the responsibility of the rest of the golf car to get it up to that speed. It's the same concept as taking a Volkswagen beetle and governing it at 185mph. You're not gonna see a benefit from it unless your vehicle is capable of it. With that being said, you need to identify the issue that is holding the vehicle back. It may be tire pressure, batteries, brakes dragging, wheel bearings not spinning freely, mcor issues, and much much more. Enjoy your search my friend, lol.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:50 PM   #3
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks David! Shouldn't the dealer speed code show up on my IQDM, instead of the 120"s that is normal for carts without code 4?
Old 02-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Thanks David! Shouldn't the dealer speed code show up on my IQDM, instead of the 120"s that is normal for carts without code 4?
Nope. Not once it's been entered and rebooted. It'll show 128 for code A, B, and C. As long as the setting says "4" it's good to go.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:35 AM   #5
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

David , once again, Thanks . I was just bragging about you to my brother in law this morning, because we couldn't get the motor armature off the input shaft. So we removed the rear end, and dropped it 1 time, and it fell off
Old 02-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
David , once again, Thanks . I was just bragging about you to my brother in law this morning, because we couldn't get the motor armature off the input shaft. So we removed the rear end, and dropped it 1 time, and it fell off
Works every time.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car