lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
d281833
Not Yet Wild

Default Analog charge meter reading

Installed an analog charge meter on this 96 CC, I see when it’s about 3/4 charged the needle is over in the red. After charged it sits in the white chg section until used and seems to work proper. Are these things accurate? Is going into the overcharge section normal? It’s a Thunderbull charger, shuts off after charging.
d281833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:33 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Analog charge meter reading

Pretty much normal. They are just "indicators" and not actual meters so they do not fairly represent your true state of charge.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:16 AM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

they are pretty useless if looking for accurate reading , you need digital one .

Is now open
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...19-season.html
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Analog meters are quite inaccurate. Every cart should have a digital battery meter. Know when it really is time to recharge - to avoid shortening the useful life of your batteries. 2 wire self-feeding LED meters are inexpensive to buy and easy to install.
See the chart below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOC new.jpg (84.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

What Swan and ScottyB said
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:00 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
What Swan and ScottyB said
Indeed BUT, as a purveyor of old carts, I don't like the look of those snazzy new digital volt meters on one of my old machines. It's like mounting a GPS display in the dash of a '57 Chevy. I just can't bring myself to do it. The analog ones look more cool but, of course, that's just my opinion.

Although, like the guys have said, analog aren't nearly as accurate as digital, I have found that they act unique and consistent to the cart that they are on. Your meter on my cart may act differently even if the batteries are more or less at the same charge level. As such, note what your meter does on your cart at varying states of charge. That would be normal for you cart. If your cart is fully charged and your needle isn't quite all the way to the right, fine, that is normal for your cart. Now, if you start noticing that the needle isn't going as far to the right as it used to, you know something is amiss. If you notice discharge faster than it used to, same thing.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car