lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2020, 06:06 AM   #1
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default 2020 ezgo l6 performance

So I have a customer that wants the biggest, baddest, newest cart possible.... money does not matter. I specialize mainly in electric rxv’s and txt’s and can make them hit 40mph. But with the gas efi stuff, that’s a little different. So my question is this, what can I do to this thing to make it go faster than the 18 or mph it’s set up to from the factory? Reprogram ecm? Upgrade clutch? Tear it out and put a monster Vegas motor in? Whatever suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank guys and gals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mcguire22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2020, 07:57 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 2020 ezgo l6 performance

Quick and not too hard would be to use a 60hp or so Fan Cooled sled engine. As stockers they turn 6500 rpms and use an alternator for charging. If I were to build a 3rd cart that is what I would do. Get the two clutches lined up hook up a few other items and watch which way you got it pointed when you stomp on the gas
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:52 AM   #3
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

So will this said engine bolt into the stock cradle? What kind of speed are we talking? What else would be needed for the install? Clutches?

Old 08-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

You would have to do what is needed to the mounts to line up the clutches. I had to use the lightest spring made on the primary for smooth engagement. I used the HD secondary . I also married a stock HD muffler to the sled's header. You can see my build in the sled section. With the more powerful sled engine other have seen 60-70 mph. Anything over 40 mph you really need to upgrade steering and brakes on the cart.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:08 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If you want something bolt in, you might be waiting for a bit. That cart is so new I doubt anyone has a kit made for it yet.

With that said, you can probably adapt a CPP kit. CPP is Cart Parts Plus, they are a sponsor, find them in the sponsor section. They can outfit a Briggs Vanguard 23hp vtwin with a cam etc. They make motor mounts etc, just not sure if your cart is much different from previous models? It's worth a call.

I can tell you this....any cart with a built 23hp Vanguard, high speed gears, and front disc brakes....now that's a fun ride! My 23 isn't even built yet and it's a monster. I still have the stock low gearing, but it hums at 33 mph at 5k. I figure with a high speed gear set it would be close to 50 mph. That's moving on a cart. It gets to 5k rpm in a matter of seconds, haven't timed it yet, but it's quick.

Might be worth a look?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:43 AM   #6
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Absolutely, thank you so much for the info. I will most certainly call them Monday.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!