lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2021, 06:15 PM   #1
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

Default What to charge for 6x8V depleted batteries

I struggled to find the right area to post this in. I placed an order from Plowmans for Allied lithium batteries and the charger. I am looking to sell my current 48V charger and battery bank locally. My batteries are old and either are only usable for core turn-ins or for a very cheap set for a cart. How would you price the batteries? Just core charge times six? Something more since they still barely work? Thanks!
PorkChopsMmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2021, 07:18 PM   #2
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What to charge for 6x8V depleted batteries

Don't think you can ask more than core value.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:06 PM   #3
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

half of core value max, even then it might take a while
free if you want to get them out of your garage
you can also get decent money at a scrap dealer
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:33 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I got $400 for my US battery 4x12v but they were in excellent condition. I think I sold my charger for 150 and got 50 for the OBC.

But if your batteries are no good, maybe $50 for the set. Most places give $10-20 for cores. But with the amount of carts I’ve seen for sale with no batteries at all, I think there’s a market for them. Even more so if you can revive them so they’re functional, even if you only get a mile or two out of them, for someone buying a project cart that’s a lot easier to swallow for a cart that doesn’t work, so you can test it and make sure it does before you spend big bucks on new batteries.

Or in the case of the last cart I sold, I clearly advertised it as needing batteries. They were 10 years old but I revived them to get a good 3-4 miles out of them to show the cart worked. The a-ho that bought the cart from me took off the brand new back seat and roof, relisted the cart fir sale for $500 more than I sold it for and said the batteries were 2-3 years old
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:14 PM   #5
Hkspwrsche
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopsMmm View Post
I struggled to find the right area to post this in. I placed an order from Plowmans for Allied lithium batteries and the charger. I am looking to sell my current 48V charger and battery bank locally. My batteries are old and either are only usable for core turn-ins or for a very cheap set for a cart. How would you price the batteries? Just core charge times six? Something more since they still barely work? Thanks!
I can’t tell if “good for a cheap cart” means they are all still holding a charge or not. If all are shot then it’s core value or less really. If all still holding a charge then you can get much more. Check the health of the batteries individually.
Hkspwrsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:54 PM   #6
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

My local shop charges $30 for cores.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car