lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Sir Lord Barnes
Not Yet Wild

Arrow 2008 pds solenoid clicks will not run after charge

Batteries are good and charged. Have jumped solenoid. Put power to the reed switch in my case it's just a red wire I don't see ant switch if any kind???. Not sure about my throttle coil in foot pedal it always seems to
Have continuity regardless whether the pedal is pressed or not. It's the same with the micro switch in foot pedal??? Please help we just bought this cart had it one day went for a nice ride and thought it felt like the motor was loosing some power almost like stalling. So
I charged it for awhile. Then died when I was leAving my driveway. Thank you everyone!!!
Sir Lord Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 pds solenoid clicks will not run after charge

Welcome to BGW!

Always flip the Run/Tow switch to Tow before connecting or disconnecting any wires, else you will destroy the controller.

Keep the batteries as fully charged as possible and practical.
Lead-Acid batteries have no memory issues, so charge them after each use, or if you make numerous short trips during the day, put on charge each night.

Put your jumper wires in your tool box any leave them there.
(Jumper wires do have uses, but they are few and far between.)

My 2008 PDS has a small fuse rather than a reed switch in the charge receptacle, but as long as there is full battery pack voltage applied to J1 Pin-4, your are good to go.

The ITS (Inductive Throttle System) senor is a proximity sensor (detects position of the iron slug the pedal moves) and you will measure continuity 100% of the time. Test procedure is in attached service manual.

The pedal microswitch contacts should be open when pedal is up and closed when pedal is pushed. (There is a deadband, so the pedal has to pushed slightly to close the switch)

Mow for troubleshooting the problem.

Does the solenoid click when you push the pedal?

If not, measure the voltage on all the wires highlight in red on the attached schematic. They all have to have full battery pack voltage for the controller to be told to activate the solenoid.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Oops, the post title included the statement that the solenoid clicks.

If so, the problem is in the high current circuit.

Jack the rear wheels off the ground and put on jackstands so the half ton cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over someone or something.

Connect your DVM between the B- and A1 terminals on the controller.
Press pedal just far enough for solenoid to click.
You should measure FULL battery pack voltage.

If not check the voltage on the large terminals of the solenoid.
The one with a cable connected directly to the battery pack should have full pack voltage all the time. the other on will have full pack voltage after the solenoid clicks and either a few volt less than full or zero before it clicks.

BTW: What is your battery pack Voltage?
Old 06-21-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
kantuckian
Gone Wild

good info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
Sir Lord Barnes
Not Yet Wild

My voltage is 37 36.5 at solenoid and controller. My reed switch is not a switch simply a wire. I do see an inline fuse online. I was thinking if putting one on. What about my forward reverse switch. What else could I try??? What the safest way to power my motor to eliminate that as a possibility? Thank you for your help
Old 06-22-2014, 06:49 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A fully charged 36V battery pack will read at lest 38.2V, so you battery pack is not charged. However, that should be enough to move the cart a few feet.

A reed switch doesn't look like a switch. See attached picture.
Since the solenoid is clicking, whatever is connecting battery pack voltage to the red wire that goes to J1 Pin-4, is working and not the source of the problem you have, so leave it alone.

You say you get 36.5V on the solenoid and controller, but not where on the solenoid or controller.
The solenoid has 2 large terminals and 2 small terminals.
The controller has 3 large terminals, 2 small terminals and 5 plugs containing a total of 25 Pins.

What is the voltage between the B- and A1 terminals on the controller when the pedal is pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click and no further?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reed Switch.jpg (23.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #7
Sir Lord Barnes
Not Yet Wild

My voltage at b- and a1 are just slightly lower than the batteries. Maybe it is the reed switch I don't see one. It is just a red wire that hooks up to my charging terminal
Old 07-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The reed switch is inside the charger port. You have to remove the charger port cover to access it. BUT, if you have a red wire coming out of your charger port, you may not have a reed switch. My reed switch was the same as the pic JohnnyB posted, so you would see a white wire coming out of the charger port. You said yours was red. Also, if you had a bad reed switch, I think you would read 0 volts between B- and A1.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #9
rib33024

rib33024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid clicks you need not worry about the reed switch, it' working okay
If the solenoid clicks each time you press the gas you need not worry about the peddle micro switch either.
Hope this helps

I'm curious to know what the pack voltage drops to when you try to go.....it may be too low.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO