lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #1
tcald429
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Club Car Precedent Electric FLOODED

My wife's friend has a 2010 Club Car Precedent Electric that was flooded up to the top of the dash during all of the recent Louisiana rain storms. It was only submerged for about 24 hours maximum, the water came up and went down pretty quickly.

The extent of my knowledge is that I used to work on golf carts back when I was in college for a local dealer, but it's been awhile and we didn't see very many Precedents back then. Also, a golf cart that has been flooded is a project I've never tackled before.

I hauled it back to my house but haven't really started digging into it yet. It all seems to be dried out well, so I turned on the key and SURPRISE, it won't move.

Even with the Tow/Run switch in the Tow position, the back wheels were not wanting to roll freely which seemed strange. When the switch is put in the Run position, a steady alarm starts buzzing whether it is in Forward, Neutral, or Reverse...doesn't matter. It sounds like the Reverse alarm, but I wasn't sure if the Precedents had any other warning alarms or fault alarms.

Any tips on where to begin on this thing? Anyone happen to have experience working on a flood cart? I really want to get this thing back running for her, as it is very nice and she has a lot of money invested into it.
tcald429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2016, 12:29 PM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Club Car Precedent Electric FLOODED

Just my opinion but I'm thinking you'll have lots of damage, from the key switch, possible down to the motor, controller, speed control etc. The rear end has a vent tube that probably got water in it, controller on a stock cart I don't think is potted so it may be fried, speed control might cause issues also just off the top of my head of possible issues.
Where to start is the question! 2 cents! Sorry about that.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:31 PM   #3
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would pull the batteries, check to see if they were contaminated, step by step check and dry the electrical system top to bottom, sounds rough and I may be wrong here so get more input.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:32 PM   #4
tcald429
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
Just my opinion but I'm thinking you'll have lots of damage, from the key switch, possible down to the motor, controller, speed control etc. The rear end has a vent tube that probably got water in it, controller on a stock cart I don't think is potted so it may be fried, speed control might cause issues also just off the top of my head of possible issues.
Where to start is the question! 2 cents! Sorry about that.
Another guy in the same campground has an EXGO TXT that took on the same amount of water. He let it dry out and was running it around the campground a couple days after with no problems at all. So I'm trying to have some hope here
Old 03-17-2016, 12:35 PM   #5
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

well eventually he will most likely, rust and corrosion probably affect it, he'll deal with gremlins lol. Really I hope my thought on it wrong here, that is a lot of work!
Old 03-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I've worked on several flooded Precedents. I took the motors off and took them apart. Dried them out really good and cleaned them. Re assembled them and they were fine. Had to replace the controllers, OBC, and solenoids on all of them. The wire harness may or may not be ok. If it was fresh water, it may be worth the risk, but if it was salt water, replace the wire harness as well as ANYTHING else that may have been submerged, including the F&R switch, tow/run switch and the key switch. Salt water will destroy anything in it's path.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:53 PM   #7
tcald429
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I've worked on several flooded Precedents. I took the motors off and took them apart. Dried them out really good and cleaned them. Re assembled them and they were fine. Had to replace the controllers, OBC, and solenoids on all of them. The wire harness may or may not be ok. If it was fresh water, it may be worth the risk, but if it was salt water, replace the wire harness as well as ANYTHING else that may have been submerged, including the F&R switch, tow/run switch and the key switch. Salt water will destroy anything in it's path.
It was fresh water thankfully.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #8
tcald429
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Did you have to do anything with the rear ends?
Old 03-17-2016, 12:56 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcald429 View Post
Did you have to do anything with the rear ends?
Yes, forgot to mention that. I drained all of the oil out of them and flushed them a couple of times with fresh oil until all evidence of water was gone from the oil. Once you remove your motor, check and see if it's still hard to roll. If it is, you may have rust in your bearings. If they're rusted, you'll have to replace them as well. Bearings for the differential aren't too terribly expensive if you need them and it's a very easy repair if you have a hydraulic press and a bearing puller.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:42 PM   #10
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you ever get this thing running? I am going to look at a half dozen flooded carts tomorrow. Three are Precedents.
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car