lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2016, 06:25 PM   #1
TylerLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default installing front cowl, advice on drilling the holes

I am installing a new cowl on my Club Car Turf 2. There are 2 threaded bolt receivers (dont know what else to call them..) that I cannot access from the bottom to drill the hole. I thought of making a template. I was wondering if anyone else had any tips. the old cowl is damaged in the front by the headlights. I thought about cutting the bad parts away and using that as the template...dont want to scratch the new one ...
thanks
TylerLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: installing front cowl, advice on drilling the holes

Which ones are you talking about? ... There are 2 for the canopy (roof) supports, (just under my IGKRA sticker)
IF... your not using a canopy, (roof) there's no need to drill those holes!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 049.JPG (67.5 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
TylerLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am not using a canopy. Yes those are the holes I am talking about.
The damaged one did have them used, so I assumed they were needed.
I bought the cart used, I am not sure if it had a canopy before.

So the only ones I need are in the the aluminum strip at the dash when it inserts in and at the black bumper in the front?

I dont have a bumper either, right now. I can get to those holes on the side more easily, I wasnt going to use them until I decide about a bumper.

The original bumper and cowl were smashed. Someone hit it hard enough to break the steering rod and bend the 'tree'. The 'A' arm survived.
I attached the rebuild pic

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carry all front end_20160816.jpg (204.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-17-2016, 09:27 PM   #4
TylerLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Looking back at your pic... Did you buy that bumper? if so . where?
thanks
Old 09-18-2016, 06:28 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Great job on the fix!

The 2 bolts on either side of the aluminum strip will be just fine!
BUT... in the event you want to add a "Sport Windshield" at a later date, it may be nice to have them there already!

Here's a tip to figure out where to drill the holes (if you decide to)...

~ With the body off, get some bright red lipstick, and spread it THICK on the frame mounting holes,
~ carefully slide the cowl into place without touching the lipstick to the inside of the cowl,
~ with the cowl fully in position, press down on it where the mounting holes should be,
~ carefully remove the cowl again, and the holes should be marked (in lipstick) on the underside of the cowl,
~ your first drill holes should be small, (in the event that they may be a little off center)
~ reinstall the cowl to see if you need to "adjust" the hole measurement (side to side, up/down) before drilling the actual size hole!

As for the bumper...
It's a Club Car brush guard, it came on my cart from the factory, a lot of Carryall's and XRT's have them!
I didn't care for it in black, (on my black golf car) so I painted it silver to give it an accent.

Kastle Carts 028.jpg

There are a few BGW sponsors that may have this one, and a bunch of other brush guards also!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center