lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #11
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 96 club new batteries wont move

Make sure none of the battery cables are grounded to cart frame.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #12
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
48v on the battery side and 42 on the other
There s/b no voltage with the key turned off. Unhook the two small posts on the solenoid - and see if there is still voltage at both big posts. If there is, the solenoid is faulty.
Quote:
Is the motor grounded ?
That would be rare - but anything is possible I guess, since it ran into a wall.
Quote:
I also seems like if i touch anything metal I get shocked
??? Check for voltage or continuity (ohms) on the big posts of the solenoid with the small wires removed.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:01 PM   #13
Justanoldcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok i tested with the small wires off . No power to any terminals besides the one going to the battery. I hooked the small wires back up to the battery side then tested all the large terminals. All were showing voltage with the key off
Justanoldcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:47 PM   #14
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

A few posts back you said
Quote:
Ok my first solenoid clicks on when you turn the key on then stays on and gets hot after a few minutes
BUT if what you are saying now is that re-connecting those small solenoid wires causes the solenoid to close the circuit on the big terminals at all times (key on OR off), then what you first said can't be true. The key itself, would never cause a "click".

I'm puzzled. Maybe someone else can step in and help interpret what your saying better than I seem to be doing? I know the wire color coming from the key switch to your solenoid s/b Blue on one side and Blu/Wht on the other side from your controller. And the only other wire (on same post as with the Blue one) as far as I know comes from the rocker switch (Red/Wht).

If the key switch is stuck on and applying power it never would have been able to create the click you initially described! Hopefully Sergio will see this and ask more specific (wiring type) questions that you can answer. I'm struggling to make sense as to where else power to your small solenoid terminals could come from besides the key?
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:01 PM   #15
Justanoldcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

There are 3 small wires plus the main wire coming from the last positive on the battery pack . When i put the 3 wire on and tested i had readings of 48 volts on the braking solenoid and on the other side of the main solenoid without a click and with out turning the key on at that time when i turned the key on no click. When i hooked all the wire back to the solinoid and turned the key on it would click. My thought is the voltage is going through the small wires and supply power to therest of the cart ?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #16
Justanoldcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe im not good at explaining can someone call me ?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #17
Justanoldcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The 4 wires that i am talking about are the 3 red and one green .1 red to the reverse buzzer 1 red to the computer and 1 to the controller and the green to the key. When i hook them up the solinoid doesn't click but i have power to the other post on the solinoid and both post on the braking solenoid
Old 06-20-2016, 07:40 PM   #18
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Ok I'll try to help a little here. You say you have two solenoids. If I'm understanding right you have a regen cart. 1 or 2. If this is correct, unhook the main negative then positive battery cables. Put cart inTow mode if it has a tow run switch before you do this.

Now the solenoid on the drivers side is not required for the cart to run. You can put both of those white ,or large battery cables on the same post of the solenoid. Take the two small wires off that solenoid and tape them up so they can not short out on anything. Then the only solenoid you have to deal with is the one on the passenger side. Unhook the speed sensor from the end of the motor.

Let us know what you get after this is done.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:52 PM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I just re read this thread. You said you got sparks. You likely allowed one of the large solenoid cables contact the cart frame, this would explain getting shocked. This would also blow a fuse, and maybe the controller. The driver solenoid would have pack voltage on both sides because of the coil connecting them. My last post would take it out of the circurit.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #20
Justanoldcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This cart does not have a run/switch and the only time i got sparks is when i hook the main positive up
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car