lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Default Crank case gasket specs, torque and precautions? Snubber bracket questions

After getting a 300 dollar quote from my local cart shop I decided to take this repair on by myself. As of now I have taken the u bolts off of the leaf Springs, disconnected the brakes. Basically in short, I've taken the engine out. So as soon as the clutch puller comes in it will be ready for work. Does anyone know the torque specs on the crank case bolts? Should I do anything to the gasket before putting it in? I was thinking about putting permatex copper coat spray on the gasket or maybe some permatex gasket maker. Is either better than the other? Should I just put the gasket on dry? Is there anything I need to watch out for and be cautious about when I do this? Engine parts falling out, Springs being.... springy? any surprises I should know about? Should I replace the clutch shafts seal while I'm in there? If so, how hard is that?

As for the snubber. Mine was missing. I didn't know this part existed. I stumbled across it on a forum here. My cart has a 6" lift. I was thinking about inverting the snubber bracket on the front. I've seen some people put extensions on them. Is this something I should do or just flip my bracket? If so, how long should I make the bracket? Thanks for everyone's help!
Justintroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2016, 04:36 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Crank case gasket specs, torque and precautions? Snubber bracket questions

What model year cart?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:53 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Crank case gasket specs, torque and precautions? Snubber bracket questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
What model year cart?
It's a 2006 DS!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-oil-leak.html

Here are the specs for the crankcase cover:
(click to enlarge)

casebolttorque.jpg

As for the snubber bracket, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "inverting" it,
it should really only go on one way, with the horizontal part of the bracket on top, and not on the bottom.

Snubber1.jpg

Snubber 3.jpg

Now... IF you decide that you'd like to extend the snubber bracket to level out your engine pan, be prepared for more modifications!

Here's a thread where I explain the additional mods:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...car-gas-2.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #4
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks lockman1 ! As for the gasket maker or copper coat. Should I use either of those on the gasket or just put it in dry? Is there anything I should replace while I'm in the engine?

My snubber bracket is upside down in comparison to your pictures. The horizontal part of mine is on bottom. The modification sounds pretty simple. So I'm going to go ahead and do that. How long should the extension be on the snubber bracket?
Old 03-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I, personally would use gasket sealer on both sides of the gasket!
and I wouldn't worry about replacing the crank seal, if it's not leaking, you should be good!

My snubber bracket is 3" long, with the mounting holes drilled at 2" center to center (top to bottom)

Note: I've since shortened the bracket in my pic, it was 4" long, with 3" C2C, but that was too much!

Old 03-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #6
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Okay so maybe I should just flip mine and try that first. My CC has an inch less lift than yours. So maybe I should make my bracket 1.5" center to center if I use the bracket. I wish I could push it up to 7" lift. But I've already invested plenty into it so far and I'm at the point that I just want to enjoy it. Lol
Old 03-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #7
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Just wanted to show you kind of what I started with compared to what it is now. This is why I just want to enjoy it. I've done A LOT to it. I'm ready to cruise it around. Lol I attached a before and after picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_PhotoGrid_1457896029418.jpg (186.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #8
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

How in the heck do I get the bottom two bolts off? Do I have to pull the whole engine from the pan?
Old 03-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintroy View Post
How in the heck do I get the bottom two bolts off? Do I have to pull the whole engine from the pan?
Ummm... you said that you had the engine out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintroy View Post
...Basically in short, I've taken the engine out....
In my opinion... I'm not so sure I'd tackle removing the crankcase cover while the engine is still mounted to the pan!
PLUS... the engine should be laying on the flywheel side to prevent abnormal shifting of internal parts.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #10
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I bet he removed the whole rear end / pan out of the car and the engine is still attached to that whole rolling subframe
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crankcase gasket, torque specs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car