lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
dilligaf
Not Yet Wild

Question newbie with a slow cart

I just acquired a 2003 club car 36 volt. Looking at the wiring diagrams I have the V-Slide wiring. The batteries are less than a year old and after a full charge are registering 7.? volts each. testing the voltage at the charging plug under load only drops 3-4 volts when the go pedal is pushed. When going up even a slight hill it drops to a crawl. I got passed by my 5 year old on a bicycle. it actually would seem you could walk up the hill faster. I have ridden a few in the past at courses while working for them and I understand electric cart will slow down uphill but this much??? If I stop in the middle of a hill and hit the gas pedal it has alot of torque taking off then acts like it dies. Any help would greatly be appreciated....
dilligaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: newbie with a slow cart

If your batteries all load test good it may be a matter of available amperage. Your battery cable may be corroded creating resistance. This corrosion can be on the inside where it is not easily seen.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum dilligaf...................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Hey as scottyb said check all the cables and connections, a lot of current(Amps) can be dropped in old and defective wiring (and its not always seen on the outside).
One way to test this without load is check each Batteries Voltage, then test across the
pack, It should be really close if all battery cables are good.
Testing the pack the same way under load can be done by jacking the rear end up
and activating the gas, check each, add all 4 up then check across the pack.
And remember there are also other Big cables going to the motor which can eat those amps, before the motor even sees them.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
dilligaf
Not Yet Wild

Arrow Re: newbie with a slow cart

What is the deal with all the resistor coils? I read somewhere to cut 1 loop off each coil and reattach to the board. I already plan on ordering new wiring for the batteries but am finding alot of kits that have the 5 short wires for the batteries but I am looking for a kit that has them all. For the batteries,fromthe v-slide to the resistors and then to the motor and from reading on here I guess I'm looking for #2 wiring..Any ideas? Thanks
dilligaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can get them made at NAPA.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you may want to check every battery cell with a hydrometer to make sure theres no problem there, also as mentioned try a set of battery cables there could be one bad under the insulation where you can,t see it........and also drive it on an incline and when it really slows down pop the seat off and feel your cables to see if one feels hotter than the others...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Stock cable is #6. All most anyone ever needs is #4. #2 is for extreem applications. Check each cell with an inexpensive hydrometer from any auto parts house.....one bad cell can cause the problem you describe.....So can one bad cable
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car