lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
bernha76
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 parcar with dual rear solenoids

Have a 94 par car with dual rear solenoids put on by customer to make it go faster. Now we don't have reverse. Does anyone know a diagram to check which solenoid now controls reverse?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1161.jpg (184.8 KB, 0 views)
bernha76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 94 parcar with dual rear solenoids

Are you sure that those were added to make things go faster? I don't think having multiple solenoids can do that but then again just when you think you have seen it all someone somewhere comes up with something genius so who knows.

Without seeing that cart, it looks like that configuration may have been added as an alternative to the key switch? The F/R key switches on these carts are notoriously unreliable and expensive to replace when they fail. I recall hearing of people converting the factory key switch to the older style switch through the use of two solenoids. vintagegolfcartparts.com actually sells this conversion kit. Their part is #SW104B if you want to check it out as a reference source.

A google of "columbia par car key switch conversion" will get you some hits too.

I am not at all familiar with this conversion so I can't offer any first hand knowledge. Forgive me if I am way off-base here. Just trying to throw some information out there.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 94 parcar with dual rear solenoids

May want to check this out:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...witch-fix.html
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar