lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2015, 07:25 AM   #11
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Serial a9741-613102 no click 48v after market part

selonoidwires.jpg

OBCwire.jpg

motor.jpg

controllerside.jpg

Controller wireing.jpgWell, I will have to go out and look at the light, but I have the pictures now. Here they are... Thank you all for helping.
n3phf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2015, 07:28 AM   #12
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

More Picts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adaptor1.jpg (70.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg adaptor2.jpg (120.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg controller plugrear.jpg (109.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg controllerplug.jpg (121.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg obcnumber.jpg (104.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-03-2015, 09:06 AM   #13
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Can't contribute much to this thread, however, FWIW...Picture 4...there is a insulation break in the blue and white wire...
flkeysdude359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Until the OBC version 1.35P came out (You have 1.33), there was no overload protection in the lockout circuit.

That version of the OBC sinks (provides a path to negative) on the Yellow wire when the cart is not in lockout mode.

Your version of the OBC did not have the resetable protection fuse on that circuit, and the yellow wire shown in the picture is stripped, so someone could have damaged the circuit.

Try by-passing the OBC lockout.

Run a new wire from that yellow wire on the OBC directly to pack negative, that will provide the signal the controller needs to run.

Edit:
The harness side of the Yellow wire is what needs to be connected to pack negative.

Last edited by Sergio; 04-03-2015 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: Clarify
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #15
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for this info. That was me, I cut the yellow wire to measure the resistance, then I soldered it back together. I did not tape it yet because I ws not sure if it was to have 5 volts on it or not. It had .6 on it which is a hi to a semiconductor, but I did not want to ground it for fear of shorting out something. I will go jump the yellow to ground now and see if it goes. I am the one that pokes the small wwholes in the wires usig my multi meter.I am very good at tracing most things, but this one has me. I am ito ham radio and owned a TV repair busiess for 35 years. Fixed most everything. I will get this, I will not be beat! LOL Thanks again, I will post if I get it going. I can not find anything on the web about this set up that matches. Thanks again
Greg
Old 04-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #16
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, I cut then grounded the yellow wire going into the harness to the battery neg, and nothing. I also looked at the adapter that the yellow wire goes to, then it goes from there to the controller, all wiring is good, I metered it. And the Battery dummy light is Red, someone ask me to look at that. Is my controller bad? Grounding the yellow wire bypassed the OBC correct? and Look at the selonoid wires, do they look correct. This all started last year when I put in a 36v selonoid just to test it, and it worked fine, then the owner said he would put in the new 48v one, and then he hooked it up incorrect and it never ran again. So I bought it and not to sure of his replacement of the selonoid. Again, thanks in advance. Greg
Old 04-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That yellow wire by-passes the OBC lock out.

The only wire that is hard to see is the "Green" wire that should be connected to the Big solenoid post that feeds the key switch.

I know they removed the Dynamic Brake solenoid, so it looks like there is an extra "Red" wire in the small solenoid post. It should only have:
Red/White
Blue
Orange/White
Make sure the extra "Red" wire is not the one supposed to be connected to the "Big" post.

This link is to reference the wiring diagram.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...entiometer.jpg
Old 04-03-2015, 12:34 PM   #18
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am heading back to work on it, The Green wire on the OBC, is that also a ground. And that diagram you sent is like it, except someone put in an adapter for a new controller. ANd also, I did cut the yellow wire on the OBC, should I have just grounded the wire so the OBC and the harness would have been ground?

Looking at what the green wire on the OBC on what I think it does, I do not think it matters if it is on or not, something to do with the motor brake I think not sure, I think
Old 04-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Yellow wire only needs to be connected to negative on the harness side.

The OBC does not need that wire to function as a charger controller.

The green wire on that OBC version provides a signal to control Regen, since You do not have that in place, it is not needed.

The "Green" wire I am referring to is the one that goes from the Big post on the solenoid to the key switch.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #20
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That is what I was thinking, OK I am back to the garage to work.. Good luck me! Thanks

Tags
48v wiring trobleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car