lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
ncfenceguy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default 2015 CC Precedent speed question

One last stupid question from a EZGO guy, and I'll leave you guys alone.
I recently purchased a 2015 Club Car Precedent, 48v, and it has the port under the dash for accessing the controller. My understanding is that I can set the controller to different speed and torque settings using a programmer. My cart is not a "Q" series, I don't think. The first letters in the serial number are JE, the motor is black, with the magnets bolted on the motor with 2 screws and it has 6, 8v batteries with the controller behind them (sepex). The cart is fresh off the golf course and has good speed and power but I'm looking to set it to the maximum setting and leave it alone. I don't want to mess with, or lose the regen braking, because one of the campgrounds we visit has long downhill sections. Best that I can decipher from the archives, I cannot set this cart to "speed code 5" because it's not the right series, but can I set it to 4? a lot of the information in the archives is several years older than this cart and that's the reason for the question. If it can be set to a faster setting, which programmer do I need? Thanks much!
ncfenceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 CC Precedent speed question

The only option for the stock Controller is to purchase the unlock codes from Club Car to allow You to set Speed Code 4 using the programmer.

The "speed code 5" product does not work on modern controllers like Excel and E.R.I.C.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
Rayferd
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sergio is correct. If you want to go faster you'll need an upgraded motor. and if you want faster than that you'll also need an upgraded controller...cables...etc...etc... haha ( it never ends)
Rayferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #4
ncfenceguy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks for the information! I was hoping to get a little more out of it without having to upgrade anything. It runs 13mph uphill, 13 downhill and 13 on level ground. I wanted to get it to 19ish, if possible, for working on the farm. I've got a EZGO PDS that runs 35 on the road (thanks to Scotty B) so I didn't want to have to go that route with this cart. I was hoping there was a little more speed to be had without sacrificing the regen braking or upgrading components. Thanks again.
ncfenceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Sounds like spd code 4 is just what you need. Club car dealer can do this for about $100.00.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

With speed code 4 you will still get 13 mph uphill. But you will get 19.6 on level ground.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car