lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
fteti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite Seems to Wobble & Bounce much more so than the older one

Is anyone else having this problem, or know what it could be?

My 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite (sped up by Bob) seems a lot narrower (middle seats are tight .. maybe have less leg room) than my previous 2010 6 seater EZ-GO. Both are lifted carts, but the 2020 EZ-GO seems to wobble from side to side and feels less stable than the 2010 was. It makes for an uncomfortable ride at anything above crawl speed (my wife was sitting in the middle seats and felt nauseous at anything faster than walking pace).

I took a look under the cart, but didn't see anything obvious (nothing loose or broken, etc.).

Any ideas?

Thanks
fteti is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2020, 05:31 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite Seems to Wobble & Bounce much more so than the older

I don't have one but I would check the toe in. You need a slight toe in to make a cart stable. Lifting makes things worse for sure with higher CG.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:17 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite Seems to Wobble & Bounce much more so than the older

Quote:
Originally Posted by fteti View Post
Is anyone else having this problem, or know what it could be?

My 2020 EZ-GO L6 Express Elite (sped up by Bob) seems a lot narrower (middle seats are tight .. maybe have less leg room) than my previous 2010 6 seater EZ-GO. Both are lifted carts, but the 2020 EZ-GO seems to wobble from side to side and feels less stable than the 2010 was. It makes for an uncomfortable ride at anything above crawl speed (my wife was sitting in the middle seats and felt nauseous at anything faster than walking pace).

I took a look under the cart, but didn't see anything obvious (nothing loose or broken, etc.).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Keep in mind, the Elite has a lot less sprung weight than the lead acid carts. Weight adds stability to any vehicle, as there is more mass there to resist movement transients in any direction other than the predominant direction of travel.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:35 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

IMO Lifting gives up a lot of stability and cornering ability. IT moves the CG much higher. But many here have lifted carts that handle to their liking. Again - I would check the toe!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:08 PM   #5
fteti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks ... I'll take another look ..
fteti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elite, ez-go, l6 express, ride, uncomfortable
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO