lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2020, 10:17 AM   #1
Blazeman45
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 RXV & Rhox Wiring Harness Issue

Happy Holiday Weekend Everyone!

I am rebuilding a 2016 RXV and installed the plug and play wiring harness, lights, LED mirrors, and turn signal switch from Rhox. Everything is powered by a 30amp converter. Problem is all lights to include turn signals, brake, hi/low beams all work. What does not work is the tail lights when the head lights are on and I get nothing when I switch to park lights only. Last thing is the 4 way flashers do not work! Any ideas?? I am thinking it is possibly the switch housing is bad. Jason’s is where I purchased but he refused to return calls, answer emails, or provide any customer service after the sale! That’s a rant for another day. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.

Steve
Blazeman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2020, 07:22 PM   #2
Blazeman45
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016 RXV & Rhox Wiring Harness Issue

Anyone??
Old 12-01-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
jr5018
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Do the blinkers work front and back or front only?
jr5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:07 AM   #4
Blazeman45
Not Yet Wild

I have regular turn signals front and back. No 4 ways and no tail lights when headlights are on
Old 12-02-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

RHOX is RedHawk. Their phone number is 1-866-666-7278. I can't say for certain, but I would assume if you called them, their tech department should be able to help determine if it is a bad switch.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:56 PM   #6
Blazeman45
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
RHOX is RedHawk. Their phone number is 1-866-666-7278. I can't say for certain, but I would assume if you called them, their tech department should be able to help determine if it is a bad switch.
Thanks I’ll give them a call tomorrow
Old 12-03-2020, 08:40 AM   #7
Blazeman45
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Called Red Hawk and was told to call the dealer. I explained that Jason's would not return calls or emails after 2 months of trying. Red Hawk told me there was nothing they could do. At first he denied and then admitted they had a tech department, but they are not allowed to talk to end users and it was a dealer problem. He went on to suggest I leave bad reviews and threaten Jason's that I had talked to Red Hawk! As a business owner I am at a loss as to how companies stay in business with this type customer service.

I have over $500 worth of their products installed and they do not work. It looks like I am stuck with a defective product and no service to remedy the problem.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:39 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Technically Redhawk is for dealers only, but I was hoping they would make an exception since your dealer isn't following through. Where are you located? Is there another dealer close to you that you can take the cart to? I agree that it sounds like a bad Turn Signal stat. Maybe if there is another dealer close by you could take the cart there and ask them to plug in a new Stat and see if it has the same problems?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 03:35 PM   #9
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do the tailights work when you tap the brakes?

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:15 PM   #10
Blazeman45
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
Do the tailights work when you tap the brakes?

Wayne
Yes I have brake lights and turn signals... just no taillights when the headlights are on!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO