lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
mhandley
Not Yet Wild

Default more probles now lol

I got the battery problem solved now that I got new batteries well new for me LOL there less then a year old Trojans. Now the problem is when I go full throttle one cable or motor starts to smoke. If you easy around on it there is now problem. What might be the problem. I have checked the cable connections to make sure they are tight, cables are hooked up right. I do have a 500 amp controller and heavy duty f&r switch, solenoid, 4 gauge. Didn't have this problem before new batteries.
mhandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: more probles now lol

An electric cart is not supposed to smoke!
Probably a loose connection...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
mhandley
Not Yet Wild

all the connection are tight. As long as I don't have it at full throttle it doesn't smoke. It is smoking from the motor. The cart has been sitting for a few months well from last hunting season. Could the armiger (I think that's how you spell it) be dirty or rust built up on it cause it to smoke? I'm at a loss here with this cart.
mhandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhandley View Post
all the connection are tight. As long as I don't have it at full throttle it doesn't smoke. It is smoking from the motor. The cart has been sitting for a few months well from last hunting season. Could the armiger (I think that's how you spell it) be dirty or rust built up on it cause it to smoke? I'm at a loss here with this cart.
Very likely something is amiss in the motor. The armature (correct spelling ) could be rusty, but I've never had that issue in several years of resurrecting carts that have sat for 5-6 years.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car