lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
micmac63
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 now blowing Smoke !

I have my G1 going again, only to find it blowing excessive smoke. My G1 still runs with the onboard oil pump, to mix the fuel, so I use unleaded fuel without mixing the oil. I have replaced all the fuel with new fuel and dont seem to be able to adjust the pilot screw to reduce the smoke. Where is the mixture screw? Is it the screw on top of the oil pump ? Is this breather hole in the top of the screw meant to pump out a little bit of oil ? Thanks for any help.
micmac63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 now blowing Smoke !

I don't think the oil pump is adjustable, they meter out oil based on pressure from the engine and carb. They should always meter out just the right amount of oil. It's possible that it could be defective. One way to tell would be to disconnect the oil injection hoses and run gas/oil mix and see if it's any better. I'd mix up at 80:1. I've been running that mix for about a year and it seems to be pretty good. Some guys here have done 100:1, but I wouldn't go that low of a ratio.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
kyguy58
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Check the breather tube from the rear end, mine had a mud dauber's nest in it and caused excess pressure to oiler. It is easy to remove and run a wire thru it and blow out with air hose. Good luck
kyguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure the muffler is not burning inside, if it was run slow a lot they will burn when run hard and smoke a whole lot. It will only happen when run for a bit and enough to get it hot. If so the answer is to run it hard until it stops smoking, about 15min or so if you gas it a lot, then it will not do it again. Some people take them off and bonfire them. It is because the muffler is huge and cold, and short trips causes them to fill with oil. It will not do it cold. The oiler also gets a signal from the hose to the muffler.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha