lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
williefred1000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Help

I have a Yamaha G2A gas cart. I have put a new drive belt on and it helped but now it is like slipping on takeoff and when parked on a hill. I dont know if it is the clutch or a bad belt. Before I could hear the belt slipping and now it just lags and then starts working fine. If you are on level ground it does not do it as bad and once you get going it does fine unless it is a steep hill. Can anyone give me any advice I am new to this site but need help.
williefred1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Help

Check your engine mounts, the rubber may be broken. Also check engine tensioner cable, it’s located under the air filter. This is to stop the engine from moving too far rearward under a load.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
williefred1000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks I will look at those two and see if that is the problem. So, you dont think it is the clutch? Thank you so much for responding.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Check your engine mounts, the rubber may be broken. Also check engine tensioner cable, it’s located under the air filter. This is to stop the engine from moving too far rearward under a load.
I agree with Ron here. Sounds like the two front and possibly rear engine mounts are wore out. More than likely this is your problem and the clutch is ok.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
CalicoJack
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
I agree with Ron here. Sounds like the two front and possibly rear engine mounts are wore out. More than likely this is your problem and the clutch is ok.

Hey WillieFred, If this is in fact your problem I may have 4 motor mounts (2 front and 2 rear). I also have the tensioner.

CPP/Big Block guys: Do I need to keep those mounts if I choose a Briggs conversion?

If not, make me an offer Willie. They are all less than 1 year old and pretty pricey at your local Yami dealer.
CalicoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoJack View Post
Hey WillieFred, If this is in fact your problem I may have 4 motor mounts (2 front and 2 rear). I also have the tensioner.

CPP/Big Block guys: Do I need to keep those mounts if I choose a Briggs conversion?

If not, make me an offer Willie. They are all less than 1 year old and pretty pricey at your local Yami dealer.
You don't need them with a CPP BB.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

On my G9, I did away with the front engine mounts, took a piece of flat aluminum (about 3 inch by 12 or so, you could use steel), drilled four holes where the engine mount bolts were (they are offset top to bottom), got four bolts, and bolted my engine down. Lots more torque without the engine moving back. My opinion: bad design on the G2/G9 motor mounts. And that is the only thing about these carts I don't like.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #8
williefred1000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have cleaned both front and back parts where the belt runs and it is doing better. It does not lag at all in reverse, but it still seems if there is a load the belt slips a little in forward. I was told from a yamaha dealer the rear spring on the secondary sheave is not working properly. I have jacked it up and it looks as if it is going in and out fine. I wonder if I need a service manual and if so does anyone have one to sell?? Thanks for all the replies it really helps us rookies out.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
williefred1000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Going back and reading Rons reply I am going to check the tension cable it may be letting the belt slip pray I dont tear anything up. Can this cable be adjusted if so how???
Old 06-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #10
williefred1000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Does the tensioner have two bolts and located behind the primary sheave?? I am looking at a diagram on tnt golf carts and they have this listed under a electrical part??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha