lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Replacing Front Shocks w/o Front Cowl Removal

I decided to replace my front shocks, but didn't want to remove the front cowl to do this. My buddy Superman51 had a great idea. He suggested that I try to access the top of the shocks by going through the key switch access panel. I tried it and it worked! It's a tight fit, but definitely worth it. I replaced both shocks without removing anything besides the 2 plastic push rivets in the key switch panel.

Also, I replaced them with the Monroe 31069. At O'Reillys they are ~$25 ea. Superman51 told me that there was one for $18 each at Autozone, but it was out of stock. I had O'Reillys cross-reference the 31069 and it's a great fit. I definitely notice the difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shocks1.jpg (76.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg shocks2.jpg (73.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg shocks3.jpg (46.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg shocks4.jpg (63.8 KB, 39 views)
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO