lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
EBriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Default If it's not one thing its.........

another.

i had posted about my G1 earlier, i tore it apart and should have it back together this weekend, parts are at the machine shop. hopefully solves my low compression problem. new piston and rings, all new gaskets actually pretty easy to perform.

next problem is the G9 my daughter was towed in last week, she was driving along saw smoke then nothing. she's 12 going on 40 if you know what i mean. ( both the cart and my daughter) at 1st i thought it was starter as solonoid would click but nothing else happening. i removed the belt and hit the switch and starter ran fine, then tried to turn over motor by hand and it was locked up tight.

guesses are the oil flipper doodad busted off and who knows what else was damaged so as soon as the G1 gets moving again, i am in for another project.

see you guys at the parts store!
EBriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:06 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: If it's not one thing its.........

Your jumping right in early. Good luck with the builds, keep us posted, and ask if you have any questions.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
EBriverrat
Not Yet Wild

"and ask if you have any questions."

oh, you shouln't have said that.
anyway last night about 11 i got everything put back together in the G1, she fires right up and i go for a slow cruise around the yard to let it warm up good, evrything is sounding and running good. after a couple trips around the yard i cruise down the road about a 1/4 mile still sounding good. about this time i'm feeling pretty darn good. i pull up in front of the garage park and put my mower away, get back on the cart and it will not start. the starter is turning over but didn't seem like it was getting any spark. i pushed it into the garage and went to bed. to be continued tonight after work.

the work i did was install new piston .5 over and rings, all new gaskets i though every thing went well, could have i screwed something up or was it coincidence about not starting again?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Hopefully it was just running really rich and fowled the plug.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
EBriverrat
Not Yet Wild

"Hopefully it was just running really rich and fowled the plug."

thats on top of my list i was going to buy a new plug on the way home. whats the trick to not run so rich. the adjustment screw was two turns out, is their anything else to adjust.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I'm not very familiar with the 2 strokes. A lot of people disconnect the 2 cycle oiler, pre mix the gas/oil and run it that way.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha