lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
v UNO v
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear Suspension Questions

I have a bunch of suspension questions about my cart and since im new to this i thought i would ask experianced people.

1) I have a 2000 EZGO TXT 36 volt and am going to install the HD spings from ezgo (set 4) to help with the weight from the new back seat and for when I have passangers. (its a little soft now when you step up and sit on it) Is that the best thing to do for the soft feeling in the bck end? Is there something else I should do in addition to?

2) If i do replace the shocks, should i replace them with factory shocks or get coil over shocks from an aftermarket company?

3) Im going to put 5 inch drop axle all sports lift kit on my cart. Should i replace a certin part or piece that wears out that should be replaced when i do that?

*NOTE: This is kind of a repost from an old thread of mine. Crash Test Dummy and yurtle both helped me alot on my last thread but i see everyone here suspenion upgrades then i was planning on doing so i thought i would get a second opinion.

Thank you in advance for your help. Im sorry to ask some more questions about the same topic, im just new and would like to be well informed before i put out a bunch of money.
v UNO v is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear Suspension Questions

Sounds like you know what you want to do, and I can offer some advice. I installed the All Sports High 5 drop axle lift on my workhorse, new Heavy Duty springs from EzGo, and factory shocks. The HD rear springs will ride very stiff if there is not weight in the back to help soften the suspension. However, even with weight on the rear the suspension might ride stiff. The HD springs don't flex very much, you can see this if you watch some of the videos I posted from our rides at CAW.

My suggestion for a better ride with the HD springs is to use a 10" wheel with as tall of a tire as you can safely run. The more sidewall you have the better the ride. My tires are 26" Vampires, and they provide a softer ride because the tires flex when driving off-road. Also, with an EzGo running leaf springs you will get body roll and the cart will wonder all over the place. Check out my thread on how I corrected this problem. My cart is set-up similar to what you intend to do.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...rove-ride.html
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
crash test dummy

lol .. yea... lifts are not my thing
one thing i remember is the bushings ... go with polyurethane ones they last longer than the rubber ones
Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
v UNO v
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
lol .. yea... lifts are not my thing
one thing i remember is the bushings ... go with polyurethane ones they last longer than the rubber ones
Where can i get those? i was just looking at regular replacement bushings so I could use some direction.

Thank you BlackBerryHill for your help. I really appreciate it. i just have a few questions for you, if you dont mind.

Did you replace all the shocks or just the rear?

Did you put HD springs in the front to?

Where did you get the link bars? Did you fab the tabs yourself?
Old 10-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by v UNO v View Post
Where can i get those? i was just looking at regular replacement bushings so I could use some direction.

Thank you BlackBerryHill for your help. I really appreciate it. i just have a few questions for you, if you dont mind.

Did you replace all the shocks or just the rear?

Did you put HD springs in the front to?

Where did you get the link bars? Did you fab the tabs yourself?
I replaced the front and rear springs as a kit. You can order the entire kit for the same price as just the two rear leaf spring packs. The kit includes all mounting hardware. I ordered the kit from a local EzGo dealer, and the kit is an authentic EzGo kit, not a cheap imitation. I think I paid about $100 for the kit.

I replaced the front and rear shocks with factory shocks. I did this as part of the frame up restoration.

The link bars are a custom set up we came up with to correct my suspension problems. We welded the mounting tabs in place, but we have figured out a way to do this as a bolt on set up. The link bars are installed using heim joints so the link bars can be adjusted if necessary. Mine are set kind of tight to raise the front about 2" and make the front springs stiffer so they will work the way that suits my off roading.

I got my parts from Summit, but I'm thinking about trying to build and sell these kits. I know I can find the parts at a lower cost, especially if I buy them in bulk. Depending on where you buy the parts and which size bars you use, the prices can range from $100 to $250 for parts alone. However, despite the price, with the lift kit and link bar set up the overall price is still much less than a long travel kit.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
v UNO v
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerryHill View Post
I replaced the front and rear springs as a kit.

I replaced the front and rear shocks with factory shocks. I did this as part of the frame up restoration.
Unfortunetly they do not make a kit for my cart for the front and rear so im a suck with buying the rear kit for $100 from golf cart king. Honestly I was told i don't need to replace the front as they do wear like the rear/weaking from additional weight. Is that true?

Where did you get the bushings for your shocks?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by v UNO v View Post
Unfortunetly they do not make a kit for my cart for the front and rear so im a suck with buying the rear kit for $100 from golf cart king. Honestly I was told i don't need to replace the front as they do wear like the rear/weaking from additional weight. Is that true?

Where did you get the bushings for your shocks?

This is the kit I have on my cart, it's listed for utility/service vehicles because the average person does not want the stiff springs.

http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Hea...pring-Kit.html

I bought the bushings from Advance Auto Parts. Just look in the aisles for suspension or performance parts. The link kit I bought was just hanging on the shelf, can't remember the brand. The bushings are bright red. O'Reilly's and Auto Zone should also carry the same kits.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
v UNO v
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you BlackBerryHill for all your help. I plan now plan on replacing all my shocks but the front will have to wait until install my radio since thats when i will be taking the front cowl off.

I really appreciate all the advice. If i do end up needing to do the linking bars like you i will PM you at that time for your advice on what parts i need if you dont mind. Thank you again for all you help, i really appreciate it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts