lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
antman1987
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default My Royal Ride Build!

Hello Everybody,
I’ve been lurking around the boards for about a year now since I bought my first golf cart. Since then I have caught the bug and have built 3 carts. Now I’m on to my next!! When I was younger I was on a family vacation in California and I saw a few custom golf carts and one of them caught my eye and stayed with me and that was the royal ride. I don’t know what it was about it but I always wanted one since I saw it that day so as soon as I came across one locally for a good price I had to jump on it! She needs some love but it should be fun!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2450[1].JPG (60.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2455[1].JPG (39.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2460[1].jpg (210.2 KB, 0 views)
antman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: My Royal Ride Build!

Very cool! I just finished building mine about 2 weeks ago. Glad to see another one of these cool carts is being saved!

Looks like a pretty good one. Any idea what year? Is it a 3 pedal model?
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
antman1987
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
Very cool! I just finished building mine about 2 weeks ago. Glad to see another one of these cool carts is being saved!

Looks like a pretty good one. Any idea what year? Is it a 3 pedal model?
I would say early 70's as the serial number is 324 and I have read on the forum that they started with # 100 it is a 3 pedal setup so I know it is prior to 80's. The body is in decent shape will need some work the suspension and brakes are all shot there is wood block in the rear leafs to keep it
From sagging.

So I was thinking about getting a donor cart and putting the frame extensions on it since I want to bring it to have all the new technology maybe someone could answer this better than me if it could be done I haven't had a chance to dig into it to see what the frame differences are with the club cars prior to 1982 and those that are 1982 and up
Old 09-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

I love the looks of those too......sounds like you have a solid re-build plan...keep us posted here about the updates, maybe we can give you a few pointers along the way.......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Mine is on a 1985 frame. So its the newer style DS instead of the caroche model yours is on. While I had mine apart, from what I could see, there is a bolt on extension in the front and a bolt on extension in the back.

I started a thread on here asking for opinions on swapping my royal ride from the 85 frame to a 2011 club car DS but every person that commented said not to. Plus the cost of the donor cart and then all the extras in the restoration made the amount I would have into the cart way too crazy.

It would probably be a cool project though. If you got yours for a good price maybe it could be worth putting it on a 90's solid state cart.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
antman1987
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I do want to change it to solid state for sure! I don't want to start any wild fires of I ever happen to be in tall grass I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal on a donor to keep my options open all the suspension brakes steering and other odds and ends might cost me more to replace on the current cart (that is if I can find the right deal)
Old 09-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

That's sounds like a good idea. Plus from what I understand the steering and brake parts are pretty hard to find for those old caroches. Looking forward to seeing the project.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Congrats on your new Royal Ride and Welcome to the club. There are a few of us lurking around. Mine was a custom build on an 86 DS frame. I'll be watching and I'd be glad to help anyway I can.
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Hows the project coming along?
Old 11-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
antman1987
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Still looking for a good cart to swap the Rolls frame brackets and body onto. I had a good lead on one last weekend drove about two hours and when I got there the rear end and or motor was locked up. Boy I was pissed at the guy for telling me everything was fine with it besides batteries. and he wouldn't budge on the price he had for his "working" cart I've been coming up with a bunch of ideas and shopping for parts for it. Its about to get cold around my parts so im not sure how much progress will happen this winter but im hoping I can anther cart to start my restomod!

Tags
rolls royce, royal ride
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides