lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
naty1981
Not Yet Wild

Default Why Cant I Get Speed Code 4

i have a 2007 Precendent. I want to get speed code 4, right now its code 1. Sucks, tell me about it. I live in Australia, they are charging me, including me bringing my cart to their shop $225 to get Code 4. I look in your forums and its around $100. What a rip off.. But they are willing FOR FREE if i bring my cart in they will programme my cart to code 3.

Any way i rang Club car Factory in America to achieve this code. They know about code 4 , but dont know anything about getting it for me, and i rang in 2 separate instances, talking to different people. Is there another place my clubcar dealer calls to achieve this code to programme into my cart. Or do they have the equipment already to achieve this code 4??
naty1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
greg-g
Gone Wild

Default Re: Why Cant I Get Speed Code 4

how do you know that its speed code1 now just maybe you have a bad speed sensor. there are a number of devices that will give you speed code 4 speeds
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can be a liability issue there
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

here's one way with out taking it to the shop

http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com/
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I recommend going to the STICKY threads at the top of this forum and performing the speed sensor test.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #6
naty1981
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the prompt replys. I bought this cart secondhand from a car dealership which bought it at an auction prior. The cart used to be around a mining area which workers i presume play golf on the days off and recklessly drive them. Its true cause when i washed underneath and behind the rims all this orange sludge and gravel dust come out. Anyway my clubcar dealer whom i called told me they purposely keep it on speed 1 up in remote areas. Thats what i was told.. I had my cart serviced 4months ago all working in order. Had all batteries replaced and still the same speed.

Clubcar are looking at my cart this week and for free putting it to speed code 3. Not complaining about it. just want to know how they go through it to get this code 4 serial number.

Anyways what rib33024 said about speedylink, i message them if they offer international delivery and got no reply, i will try again. Its much simpler using this mechanism.

Will let you all know how my cart does.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:26 AM   #7
rib33024

here's another thread that might be about your cart, and what ever TahoeDawgZ71 tell you about your cart believe it, he's the Man when it comes to CC

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ed-magnet.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/extre...gnet-scam.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
naty1981
Not Yet Wild

I got my cart checked by club car service guy, he plugged into the computer and the speed was set on 1 and he enabled faster take off. The cart runs so much better now. He also said up in remote areas they purposely put carts on code 1. I'm happy with this speed. I get maxed out on straight 24km = 14miles
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car