lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Interesting day and input appreciated

2000 CC FE 290 running like a dog. Hiccupping on start and blowing smoke out like a laboratory Beagle. She was running really horrible until I pulled the EGR pipe. At this point the cart had been awful, no power, poor starting then from nowhere it runs fantastic, no hesitation no nothing. I probe the pipe and NOTHING No obstructions whatsoever. Connect her back up and impecable behaviour, runs like a Bear, but why??????

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Interesting day and input appreciated

possible weak spark.........enough for cart to run but run like crap.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
possible weak spark.........enough for cart to run but run like crap.......................
That was what started it all Tom, I had bad connection on a wire which I traced to corrosion in a bullet connector. Until I fixed it the cart was very hit and miss but after the repair it started smoking really badly. Oil was freshly changed with a new filter, level was correct etc. Had me scratching my head until I remembered a thread on here regarding a blocked breather. Now, I don't believe in coincidences but I pulled the breather from the valve cover and "kaboom" she takes off like a raped ape. What gets me is that the pipe and vents were clear, replaced the connection and it still runs great. Is it possible that the vent pipe may be partially collapsing under running conditions but returns to normal by the time I get the seat up to check it ? It's got me baffled but the cart is running great for now.

FC
Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth...old Texas saying..........
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

can you drive it without the seat on and see if it acts up? if not then put seat back on and try again..........is the bottom side of seat intact? ..........................
Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
can you drive it without the seat on and see if it acts up? if not then put seat back on and try again..........is the bottom side of seat intact? ..........................
I suppose I could perch on the bodywork with the seat removed but I shudder to think what might happen if I hit a bump and slid in the engine bay arse backwards. That might be interesting to explain at the emergency room

FC
Old 06-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
I suppose I could perch on the bodywork with the seat removed but I shudder to think what might happen if I hit a bump and slid in the engine bay arse backwards. That might be interesting to explain at the emergency room

FC
............................. ....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car