lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Bryan_D
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger issues, or battery issue

Hey I have a question obviously. My question is that I just got a 36v 1981 Melex and am having issues I think with my charger. When we plug it in the meter is reading 0 on the charger. I replaced 2 of the batteries and the other 4 were still testing good. Please let me know what I may have done wrong. We redid the wiring on all the batteries to the factory diagram, so this should be a non issue. Any help would be helpful. Thanks Bryan
Bryan_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger issues, or battery issue

Brian, You are going to need a digital voltmeter to answer your questions.

What is the standing pack voltage and what is it when you plug in the charger..... if no difference we have a charger or charger connection problem.... My first cart was an early eighties Melex
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
Bryan_D
Not Yet Wild

Okay, we will first check for corrosion or patina on the charger prongs then look into the volt meter issue. Its reading zero, but when we had a wire crossed it showed that it was charging and that we were good for some reason. Thank you for the quick reply. Did I pick up a decent cart? I paid 250 for it, everything seems to be in great shape, has plate and title, just having this battery issue. The previous owner was driving it on a normal basis, then parked it, it sat for several months, now he believed that it had a bad battery, we had put it on the charger, and one of the batteries blew its top. We replaced that one as well as another older battery, and still nothing. So if any of this is helping to further diagnose, please let me know and I will tell you as much as possible. Thanks Bryan
Old 06-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My first cart taught me a lot about electric vehicles..
Your cart is a polish copy of an ezgo from that era... Some parts are hard to get and some parts from ezgo fit... you just can say which.LOL
For the money you did good if you are rollin'
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
Bryan_D
Not Yet Wild

Ts rolling, in great shape for 30yrs, if I get this issue figured out, it should be money. We shall see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deer%20Valley-20110521-00201.jpg (65.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
Bryan_D
Not Yet Wild

So there was a bad battery on the front right causing what I assume was a break in the cycle. Now my issue is when we took it on our maiden voyage around the block, when we came back we could feel heat coming out from under the cart. Could this be from not being used or is something else wrong now? Thanks for all the help thus far.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex