lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
ToyoDieHard
Not Yet Wild

Question Battery and Charger Issues (48V Club Car)

I am new to the golf cart world. When I plug my charger in, it doesn't kick on. Once I bypass the relay and let it charger for several minutes, I change it back to go through the relay and it will kick on. It goes down to 0 on the charger as showing a full charge and shuts off. I unplug it overnight and have to go through the whole process again to get it to kick on.

Once I get a full charge how do I check to see if batteries are still good?
ToyoDieHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery and Charger Issues (48V Club Car)

With a digital voltmeter check your battery pack before charging. Need 30 volts (48 volt cart) for charger to kick on. Next when charged check whole battery pack. Also normal for charger to kick on then offer the OBC does self check, then come back on.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
ToyoDieHard
Not Yet Wild

I checked it without a charge and got 48.1 Volts. Put it on charge and the it would not drop below 5 on the charger. Could hear some cells bubbling. was always told that was a sign of a dead cell. Charger is kicking on and off as it should. When I unplug the charger, the orange battery light on the dash starts blinking.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The flashing light indicates the charging cycle did not complete.... Drive it a bit to draw the top off of the charge and plug it in again...... the 5 amp 'finish or leveling' part of the cycle can last for hours. let it finish; and no, a bubbling battery does not indicate a bad cell .... hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
ToyoDieHard
Not Yet Wild

Once I do that. how is the best way test the batteries to see if there is a bad one?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car