lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #11
Carolynski
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2005 EZGO TXT won’t move

Should I test the gear position? I’m not sure how to do that. Nothing visually looks damaged.
Carolynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynski View Post
Ok interesting thing ..... I put the battery on the charger and when the charger is on it reading over 48 volts the cart will run but won’t after I unplug it.
The batteries without the charger reads 38 volts with multi meter and the battery gauge is past full.... and yes I have 6 batteries each with 3 cells lol

I did these test Johnnie suggested. The M- and B- terminals read the same as the outside post of the solinoid then with the paddle pushed its goes up to full battery back voltage but does not go to 0(zero) when peddle is all the way down. I’ve already put in a new micro sensor and throttle control so .... I don’t know what this means lol
Try running it with the charger unplugged and measure pack voltage. It sounds like one or more of your batteries is unable to handle the amps necessary to run, but with your charger it runs. See if pack voltage drops significantly when trying to go. If it doesn't, one other thing that it could be is the reed switch. Normally it doesn't go with charger plugged in, but I've dissected a few, and it's just a glass magnetic switch surrounded by plastic. The glass breaks, and generally it refuses to go, but the electrodes may have shifted to where it's working in reverse with the charger plug magnet.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Do the B- to M- test in both F and R.

Does the voltage decrease at all when pedal is pushed further, or does it stay the same?

If it stays the same, the controller or the ITS throttle may be faulty.

The throttle circuit has three parts, two inside the controller and one in the pedal box, plus the wiring and connectors connecting pedal box and controller.

The attached tells you how to check the ITS voltages.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS Voltage - 1.jpg (47.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Voltage - 2.jpg (48.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Voltage - 3.jpg (44.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:37 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Try JohnnyB's suggestion and ignore my post #12 for now.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:13 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynski View Post
Ok interesting thing ..... I put the battery on the charger and when the charger is on it reading over 48 volts the cart will run but won’t after I unplug it.
The batteries without the charger reads 38 volts with multi meter and the battery gauge is past full.... and yes I have 6 batteries each with 3 cells lol
It started scaring me so I unplug it. After plugging it back in it charged at 46 volts and now the batteries have 40 volts but it won’t move.

I did these test Johnnie suggested. The M- and B- terminals read the same as the outside post of the solinoid then with the paddle pushed its goes up to full battery back voltage but does not go to 0(zero) when peddle is all the way down. I’ve already put in a new micro sensor and throttle control so .... I don’t know what this means lol

As far as I can tell from google mine is not a series because it has a maintenance switch.
If it has a Run/Tow switch and it is a 2005 model year, it is a PDS drive and the ITS voltage info I posted is wrong, as well as the schematic.

I also read the first part of this post again and if cart runs while charger is plugged in, it tells me two things.
1. The Reed switch has been bypassed.
2. It is a battery pack or battery cable issue.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Wow, I've missed a lot of things in this thread.

You have an Alltrax controller, so it could be the older style (DCX with adapter cable) or the newer type (XCT). Which is it?

To check the throttle, measure the voltage between the black and white wires from pedal box. Pins 3 and 4 on J4. Ought to be 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.

Watch the LED on the controller when you push pedal. Do you get any red or or green red flashes. If so what is the number and color of the flashes (error codes)

-----------
Yurtle is might be right about the battery voltage dropping too low to run. What does the voltage between B- and B+ terminals on controller drop to when pedal is pressed?
Old 03-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It looks like I leap-frogged you, based on timestamp. I assumed you had read mine and dismissed it, which is why I said "Try JohnnyB's suggestion and ignore my post #12 for now."
Old 03-02-2019, 07:07 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I've had a few distractions going on here.

From what I can glean from re-reading, we have a 2005 PDS with an Alltrax controller (unknown if it is a DCX or XCT, makes a considerable difference t-shooting) with a set of batteries that have sit for a year and most likely not charged during that time.

Cart runs when charger is connected (so the reed switch has probably been bypassed) and won't run when charger is not connected. That points to bad batteries, but there may be other issues.

I guess first step is getting the battery pack charged up, then go from there.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #19
Carolynski
Not Yet Wild

PROBLEM SOLVED!!
Based on the wire diagram it is a series txt with a tow switch. The light stayed green and would not turn Amber. The voltage between M and B only increase when I pushed the peddle, it never went down. I got my hands on a wire diagram and every wire tested good for continuity including the key switch. Every high voltage wire test good carying full voltage. I tested the motor separately and it was good. The controller manual only gave me the green light and suggested the micro sensor or a break in continuity in a wire going to the throttle control but that was not the case at all. It was suggested to bypass the forward control switch but I didn’t know how to do that.
I had already replaced the throttle control and micro sensor so I ordered a forward reverse switch and that’s what fix it so I’m good to go!!!
Thank you all soo much for the suggestions they all gave me something research.
If you ever need help with a Honda atv look me up on the hondaatvforum I owe ya one!!
Old 03-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #20
Carolynski
Not Yet Wild

$&@%# spoke too soon!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO