lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
Luckyjayb
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 EZGO TXT Series cart won't move forward or reverse

I have a lifted 2008 EZGO TXT series cart with upgraded motor and controller. It is a 36 volt configuration with a heavy duty f&r switch (less than 3 weeks old). My wife was out riding my son on some trails yesterday and got stuck and turned around. After turning around, the ride back but uphill. The batteries were fully charged and they are about 4 months old. While going up the hill, it just stopped working on here. She had to get a neighbor to come pull her back to the house. It has an alltrax nivel 485 controller. With the batteries fully charged again, it still won't move. The light blinks green while pressing the accelorator and turns to orange when fully depressed. All wires and connections look fine and the solenoid is clicking. It has a 4 guage wiring kit all the way around it. We do have some steep hills where we live and sometime there are passengers on the rear. Before changing the f&r switch, I could smell electrical burning from it but after that, it worked like a charm till yesterday. Any and all hell will be appreciated!!
Luckyjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #2
poorfellar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 EZGO TXT Series cart won't move forward or reverse

Mine did the exact same thing a week ago. When you press the pedal do you here a "click" from under the seat? Mine use to "click" and then it quit. That sound comes from the solenoid. It takes 2 people to test it. I used a set of jumper cables. Take seat off and set aside. With the key switch off, clip one end of the jumper cables to one of the big studs on the solenoid and do the same to the other big stud. Like you would do if you were to jump off another car battery. If you touch the other two ends together....you should get nothing, maybe a little spark. The other person turns the key on and puts the cart in forward and presses the pedal. Then you touch the ends together and if you have a bad solenoid, it will take off. All you are doing is "making the connection for the solenoid". They are prone to getting a high resistance connection inside them. This is how I checked mine and it took off like it should. So I replaced the solenoid and it works like a charm. It was a 32.00 part at my local dealer. Hope this helps and happy carting.
poorfellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
Luckyjayb
Not Yet Wild

It still clicks properly and the controller lights up and doesn't give any fault codes. It flash green and then turns Amber when the pedal is fully depressed. I'll try that this evening. It's driving me bonkers since the wife is wanting if fixed and I can find anything wrong except it won't move. Thanks for the advice
Old 10-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Lucky....whenever you are doing ANY testing that will energize the drive system, jack up the rear of the cart ad place it on jack stands to make sure there isn't an ACCIDENT.

Considering where your wife was with the cart....it must have been wet/muddy.....could be that something got wet that shouldn't have. One thing that could be causing that was if the ITS box got a little water in it, and needs to be opened and dried out. its under the floor mat and little trap door just in front of the drivers seat. there are 4 screws to take the box lid off....if its at all wet, dry it out with a hair dryer and seal it up best you can.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Tug and twist every one of the 26 cable ends in the cart.
None loose?
None look burnt?

Test the controller output. Do you have a voltmeter for testing? IF yes what is the pack voltage.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:33 PM   #6
Luckyjayb
Not Yet Wild

It wasn't wet or muddy where she got stuck. No mud underneath. I'm at work right now though but will test at those when I get home this evening and give an update. Again thanks for all the input and advice. And Scotty I do have volt meter and will let you know what the pack voltage is on it when I get home. Thanks all
Old 10-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #7
Luckyjayb
Not Yet Wild

Also I have checked every cable in the cart and none are loose or frayed. They are are tight and none smell burnt or anything like that. There isn't any corrosion on any of the cables either. I'm trying to find a electric diagram so I can check everywhere I need to make sure there is voltage going there.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Whoa - Wait - what? She got stuck? The cart broke down when it was trying to get unstuck?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #9
Luckyjayb
Not Yet Wild

No she got unstuck n it broke down on the way back up the hill. Don't know how she got stuck but there was no mud or anything on it or underneath
Old 10-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #10
Luckyjayb
Not Yet Wild

Well I checked the voltage n it was over 38. Took the new heavy duty switch out that I got from golf cart king and put the old one in, an it seems to work. I'm gonna take a test and will update.

Tags
scottyb
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO