lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
mrmrules
Getting Wild

Default Predator 420 breather hose do I need it?

Hey guys I ordered a remote choke stay for a honda to put on my predator 420 so I can run the choke from the dashboard. It fit well but the breather hose that comes from the valve cover into the stock air box was in the way. I cut the nub fitting where it attaches to the air box to get it to fit. Do I need the breather? What does it actually do. Should I just relocate it up an inch with a threaded barb or leave it as is. Thanks
mrmrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
Robert Yow
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Predator 420 breather hose do I need it?

It's probably a good idea to keep it if you can. That breather hose lets the engine vent the crankcase pressure off into the air cleaner. I know for sure you can't plug it cause it will cause your seals to leak. If you leave it open you may get dirt in your engine.
Robert Yow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #3
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Seems like a lot of squeaky lifter noise comes out that tube. I have mine hooked up to a custom airbox and it's noticeably quieter than when it's off.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
danman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just run a hose with a small filter attached to the end somewhere away from where your choke cable is getting in the way.

I've run a 12" piece of hose with filter up towards the front of my clone for 2 years with no problem. Otherwise oil will slowly cake up with dirt all over that valve cover and carb.
danman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It vents the engine. After it gets some wear you start to get blowby out of that tube, that way it gets burned in the engine. So if you don't use it later on you will get stinky fumes out of it. That is why I would keep it, and also then you don't have to put a filter on it to keep dirt out.

I have an old lawnmower I till with, it has no pvc like this. If the wind is right and those fumes hit me in the face it makes my eyes burn and water. But it has no place to hook a hose lol. I need to find a cover off a newer one for it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
aladd6
Getting Wild
Club Car

What is the OD / ID for the hose?
aladd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #7
natew121
Gone Wild

go to autozone and grab this http://www.autozone.com/intake-syste...uestid=8086549 i have this on mine fits perfect
natew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #8
aladd6
Getting Wild
Club Car

What is the size of the hole on the valve cover? I didn't get the hose when I got my motor and the cart is down at the coast 250 Miles away so can't measure it, wanted to purchase the right hose before I go down there. Will pick up the auto-zone filter before I go also. Thanks
aladd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:20 AM   #9
mrmrules
Getting Wild

Been busy just got a chance to check back here. I ended up going to Home depot and getting a barb. I moved it up half an inch from where the stock one was and plugged the hole of the one I cut off. Works great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-02-23 11.15.05.jpg (79.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-02-23 11.15.11.jpg (149.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-02-23 11.28.54.jpg (71.7 KB, 0 views)
mrmrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps