lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default A arm bushings.

Anybody here had to replace their a arm bushings on a Jakes lift? Mine are fast going [less than 2 years] and were oiled regularly.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2019, 08:37 PM   #2
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: A arm bushings.

yep ..mine last about a year ..I have no idea why they don't last longer ..I call Jakes and order them direct ..may go to an Allsports lift kit and see if I have better luck with the bushings lasting longer. The bushings in the a-arm brackets always go out first , the shape of the bushings get distorted as if the bushing material is just too soft...that's just a guess on my part.
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #3
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks. Good to know! If there is not a better bushing that will fit my suspension, [since I don't replace/repair $#it parts with the same $#it parts] I may just turn some bronze bushings to a press fit in the arms and install zerks for a permanent fix.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:37 PM   #4
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Thanks. Good to know! If there is not a better bushing that will fit my suspension, [since I don't replace/repair $#it parts with the same $#it parts] I may just turn some bronze bushings to a press fit in the arms and install zerks for a permanent fix.
That sounds like a solid idea ...let me know how that turns out if you go that route. The jakes lift seems solid but the bushings are CHEAP JUNK. It would be nice if a company offered higher quality replacement bushings , I would be more than willing to pay the difference on price
Old 05-03-2019, 07:19 PM   #5
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks. It is on my list but I have crops to get in and this will probably not be till summer. I'll be sure to report my findings. You don't have an old one kicking around by any chance? I'd like to know the outside diameter of the bushing so I can look for a suitable one without taking mine apart. Also, are all the bushings the same size?
Old 05-03-2019, 09:22 PM   #6
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Thanks. It is on my list but I have crops to get in and this will probably not be till summer. I'll be sure to report my findings. You don't have an old one kicking around by any chance? I'd like to know the outside diameter of the bushing so I can look for a suitable one without taking mine apart. Also, are all the bushings the same size?
I don't have any laying around but I am pretty sure they are all the same diameter but I am fixing to go through my cart and if they need replacing again I will be replacing them AGAIN very soon and I'll be sure and measure and send the measurements to you. I also wonder if the stock club car a arm bushings will fit with the jakes lift.....if so, they have to be better quality than what's in it now.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:45 PM   #7
TheGuyRock
Getting Wild

When I did them on the AS1 I went to ace and got bronze bushings. They had some that fit, also I now use EPM (high pressure moly) grease on them. No bushing changes in over 2 years and no slop on the fast cart. And it gets absolutely abused.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
TheGuyRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #8
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyRock View Post
When I did them on the AS1 I went to ace and got bronze bushings. They had some that fit, also I now use EPM (high pressure moly) grease on them. No bushing changes in over 2 years and no slop on the fast cart. And it gets absolutely abused.

Good info ! .... I may give that a shot ...I'm assuming I will need to drill some holes to install some zerk grease fittings ?
Thanks
Old 05-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #9
TheGuyRock
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbooz View Post
Good info ! .... I may give that a shot ...I'm assuming I will need to drill some holes to install some zerk grease fittings ?

Thanks
I used grease through bolts in mine. Had to hunt a few down from McMaster-Carr.

The ones on my leafs I just made on the lathe at work.

TheGuyRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:55 PM   #10
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyRock View Post
I used grease through bolts in mine. Had to hunt a few down from McMaster-Carr.

The ones on my leafs I just made on the lathe at work.

great info !
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts