lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Speed code 4 or PQ?

I recently acquired a 2009 CC Precedent. It is stock with the exception of a rear seat and windshield and of course very slow. I plan on giving a 3 or 4" lift and going to a 21 or 22 street tire. Would I be better off going with speed code 4 or a PQ Bandit motor? The money is not really my determining factor as I would have to pay $135.00 for the code 4 and bring it 85 miles one way to get it done, not to mention losing pretty much a whole day in the process. If I go the PQ route, will I sacrifice torque? We use it for camping and I still need the power to drive it up the ramps and into my truck. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed code 4 or PQ?

Speed code 4 would get you to 19.6mph. As far as I can tell you don't lose anything with the PQ upgrade. But you do gain a lot. Speed increased to 28MPH on level ground. Don't have to worry about the hills in Houma.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Don't have to worry about the hills in Houma.
Nope. Not many hills here. I do have a pretty good climb into my truck though. I use 8 foot ramps into a 3/4 ton Chevy. Probably about a 30 degree incline. I don't want to lose the torque to climb up. It has no problems now. I know on my last cart (EZGo) I sacrificed torque for speed until I did lots more too it (controller, FnR, Solenoid, 48V, etc.). I really don't want to go too crazy on this one, just pick up some speed but still maintain pulling power.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have no problems climbing the hills here in Tennessee. With the PQ motor it will just slow down to 15MPH but it will pull like a John Deere.

Edit: I'm at speed code 4. If you check with PQ they will tell you what speed to expect with speed code 3.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
I have no problems climbing the hills here in Tennessee. With the PQ motor it will just slow down to 15MPH but it will pull like a John Deere.

Edit: I'm at speed code 4. If you check with PQ they will tell you what speed to expect with speed code 3.
Just a quick question. What year is your cart? Do you have the same excel drive system?
Thanks
Old 12-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the input. I'll call PQ tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
Kingman
Gone Wild

What is PQ??

I have a speed code 4 and it feels slow and l am going 19+mph. What is this PQ
Option???

Thanks

PS my CC is 1010 Precedent 48v

Last edited by Kingman; 12-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: Adding
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's short for Plum Quick motors in SC. They take your motor and modify it to get it into street legal limits. 20-25mph. it's done by fooling the speed sensor. There may be other things done. Quick friendly service.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just a quick question. What year is your cart? Do you have the same excel drive system?
Thanks

I have a 2010 Club Car Precedent. It's a re-manufactured model. The only thing I can tell you about the model is that the serial/vin number starts with 2P. That indicates the model. If i can find out what that means I'll get back with you.

Edit: It has the 3.3hp motor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winter 2012_13 091.jpg (192.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I just got off the phone with Plum Quick and I will be going that way with the motor. He said I will get roughly 25 MPH and not sacrifice any torque in the process, so it's a no brainer in my humble opinion. That's with no speed code changes. I'm going to pull the motor early next week and get it shipped up to them. Thanks for all your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car