lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2022, 02:23 PM   #1
jordonlsmith
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for Opinion on Which Used Cart to Buy

First off, I'm new here and it's my first post. The forums have been very helpful so far.

In October, my son wrecked and totaled my 2020 Drive2. The frame bent beyond repair, but the wheels/tires/batteries/etc are all in perfectly fine working order. So, with that in mind, I'm looking at getting a used cart. Like I said, wheels, tires, and batteries aren't really a concern. These are the 2 that I'm looking at currently.

1. 2016 Star EV 2+2. Price: $3000
It has 4 12v O'Reilly Deep cycle batteries that are still under warranty. There is an onboard charger and an external charger. The guy claims that it runs 25mph "when fully charged" which sort of gives me pause. The only issue with the cart is that the guy tried to switch out the top and doesn't have the struts to connect the new top. He has the actual canopy, just not the bars to hold it on to the body. I called a Star dealer and they said it would be around $250-$350 to replace.

I've never owned or even driven a Star cart. My main concerns here are (a) the comment about 'fully charged' speed of the cart. (b) Range on a full charge as I typically drive to the course and it's 3 miles away roughly. (c) Is there going to be any issue with switching from 4 12v batteries to 6 8v batteries?

2. 2007 Ez-Go TXT. Price: $2000
This one is just a basic cart with no frills or anything. It has a windshield, a zip-up enclosure, and a rearview mirror. That's about the extent of it's features. It needs new batteries and new tires. With it being a 36v cart, I would need to sell my existing 1-yr old 8v batteries and buy new ones.

My only concern with the Ez-Go is just the age of the cart and the fact that I'm sure it's a slower moving cart in general.

I'd love to hear which direction you guys think I should go with this.
jordonlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2022, 06:45 PM   #2
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Looking for Opinion on Which Used Cart to Buy

I would swap over ALL THE DRIVES STUFF

battery motor controller wires switches ect to the ezgo

and sell the older guts of the ezgo

btw

pass on the star
and offer 1g on the cart maybe 1200
no cart that old not running is worth 2k esp in mid winter
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:11 AM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for Opinion on Which Used Cart to Buy

i would go with the Ezgo but would need to check to see how the frame is .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts