lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #1
firstcart
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 yamaha

I have a line on a 95 yamaha gas cart. Price is 1200.00. If I put wheels and tires a cheap lift and paint with some TLC, How much could I sell it for?
firstcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: 95 yamaha

$800.00 to $900.00
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
firstcart
Not Yet Wild

So Your Saying If I Buy For 1200. I Paid To Much?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

No, I'm saying that without seeing the machine there is no way anyone can put a value on the cart before you buy it and the next problem is if you put 5oo in it and do not improve the basic condition you will not get your money back. Any work done on a machine like that has to be professional quality to increase value. You cannot cheap out and increase value. In a nut shell--- if you pay $1200 for a cart and put $1000. in it then it is worth $2200.00 to you and no one else unless the work is outstanding and demands a premium. Understand!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
firstcart
Not Yet Wild

No, I'm saying that without seeing the machine there is no way anyone can put a value on the cart before you buy it and the next problem is if you put 5oo in it and do not improve the basic condition you will not get your money back. Any work done on a machine like that has to be professional quality to increase value. You cannot cheap out and increase value. In a nut shell--- if you pay $1200 for a cart and put $1000. in it then it is worth $2200.00 to you and no one else unless the work is outstanding and demands a premium. Understand!

tew45
View Public Profile
Send a private message to tew45
Find More Posts by tew45
Add tew45 to Your Contacts
Old 08-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
firstcart
Not Yet Wild

I'm sorry tew45 I should have said Hypotheticly If I was to work on this cart and do outstanding work because not that you would know because you don't know me but I don't do anything half assed and made this cart nicer than it already is how much would it be worth. OR I could have said If I had a cart with a 6" lift and new paint with new tires and aluminum wheels how much would it be worth? At any rate neither of your post were helpful and I will take full responsability for that. If anyone else has an opinion on how much a nice 95 yamaha with a lift,new paint,wheels and tires would be worth please let me know. Just trying to get a ball park number.Thanks.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Sorry I could not be of help to you but I can give you some good advice.... Look for carts like you intend to build and price them. See what the carts are selling for in your area. Add your expected costs including labor so... Net cost minus selling price will give you what you want.
The reason I am not really up on your project is: I restored Indian and Triumph motorcycles for several years. The value when I finished was equal to what I had invested or less. To expect a profit at that time would have been a dream. The only way to profit in a case like yours is to buy it below market and restore it use and enjoy it for a while then sell it! Is that better?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I would say $1800 to $2500, around here anyways.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #9
firstcart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks new guy that's about what I expected. Shoot for 2500. I'm trying to get into an 02 or newer for around 1200-1500. Soooo If I can scab 5 or 600 off this cart I'm in. I guess even if I break even I'll learn a bit about carts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts