lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: How does a gas golf cart work?

Just follow the small wire off the solenoid and see where it goes. the switch could be almost anywhere, I'm not sure on that model without the wiring diagram. You may be able to get a diagram on the Jacobsen web site under their customer care parts section, it use to be in there but they've changed alot of things around lately. while MR. EVERYTHINGELSEISWRONG may be right about what he works on, Cushman had a way of doing things that most people dont see or fully understand nowadays. they did things on their electric carts that was truly revolutionary for pre electronic carts not to mention they pretty much wrote the book on utility and industrial carts
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #12
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

MR. EVERYTHINGELSEISWRONG
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #13
poppa
Getting Wild

Some of these work like a car,ie start and idle. If yours is like this there would be no switch connected to the pedal. Pics would help....
poppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
feedlotdoc
Not Yet Wild

I am gone right now but will post some pics when I get back in 2 weeks. I was told it runs like a normal gas golf cart, but I was told a lot of things about this that have turned out to be false! Thanks!
feedlotdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #15
CammoBuggy
Not Yet Wild

This is great information. I am in the process of converting an electric to gas....with Go-Kart innovations to keep it simple and affordable. I would however like to keep some of the conveniences of the golf cart such as the starter generator. So my question to you kogieblack, is how difficult is it to intrgrate a given starter generator to a given small engine. This engine does not currently have an electric starter, however I do have access to a great fabrication and steel guy.
CammoBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #16
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good info.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #17
rib33024

Gone Wild

Last Activity: 03-29-2012 01:35 AM

kogieblack has not signed on in over a year

there is other threads about your question do a search in the clone forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammoBuggy View Post
This is great information. I am in the process of converting an electric to gas....with Go-Kart innovations to keep it simple and affordable. I would however like to keep some of the conveniences of the golf cart such as the starter generator. So my question to you kogieblack, is how difficult is it to intrgrate a given starter generator to a given small engine. This engine does not currently have an electric starter, however I do have access to a great fabrication and steel guy.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #18
timothyhadl

Did it work? You look for the professional help and sort out your issue in shorter time.
______________ EDIT:
Old 06-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #19
thetucks
Gone Wild

I know this thread is old but.....The cushman scotsman dont pedal start. It starts with the key and ildes. you push the pedal to give it gas to engage the clutch. I have one and they are sweet little carts.
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #20
ll35689k
Not Yet Wild

I believe I have a 1982-1986 Columbia Par Car Gas Golf Cart. I have been trying to get it running correctly but haven't had any luck. I purchased a new StarterGenerator for it but I am not sure if I dont have something hooked up correctly or not. I have bypassed all of the factory wiring for the time being to see if I can eliminate defective parts so I know for sure which part I need before purchasing. I have the starter generator where it will start the golf car but once I disconnect the power wire to the starter alternator after it is running I am unable to get 12v coming from the starter generator to charge the battery. I have hooked a volt meter to all of the terminals on the starter generator and unable to get it to read 12v while its running. I appreciate any help with this!
Lee
ll35689k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what makes it go....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts