lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 11:40 AM   #1
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Club Car DS- D&D Motor Complication

Everyone... long time reader but new poster.

I have a 2012 Club Car Precedent that I was going to trade for a 2000 Club car DS (series) with cash on the buyers end.

The 2000 Club Car DS has brand new trojan batteries and a D&D motor #170-003-0002. My plan was to lift the cart, backseat, and make it into a hunting/off-roading rig. I called D&D this morning and simply explained what I wanted to do, and how I wanted more torque. I gave them my info on the cart and this was their response (paraphrased);

D&D : "That motor is a great motor, but cannot handle what your trying to do. It will burn up, lock up, & you will end up in the hospital or dead. That motor is the biggest golf cart lawsuit waiting to happen. Im shocked that motor hasnt blown up yet. Imagine a hand grenade waiting to explode under your seat... thats what you have."

Me: (in shock); "sooo... what do I need?"

D&D: "a 42R? motor, new controller, new solenoid, new cables"

Guy seemed knowledgeable & nice but dang I was so confused... The motor has been in that cart for 14 years and runs fine. I trust D&D and I know they are a great company but goodness gracious I am confused about what to do now... any suggestions? I was supposed to take the cart today, but I am now telling the buyer I need time to think.
golfer188910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car DS- D&D Motor Complication

WTH?!?! I have never ever heard anything like that. I have used that motor in years past, and it is a speed motor and not a torque motor, but all that other stuff is crazy....

And mine had a lift and 22" tires, but no hauling or heavy stuff, just casual pleasure riding.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

sounds like a over exaggeration to me . yes it would have a heat problem crawling around the woods for a extended amount of time , but death lol
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #4
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

That's kind of what I'm thinking but I am no professional... and would like someones opinion who has more knowledge than me. He told me the most recent experience he had with that motor was a husband, wife, and 3 kids in a cart going downhill and boom motor grenaded and they all died.

I know this may sound crazy to some of you & I think the same but this is what the rep was saying!
Old 10-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #5
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

As soon as you said hunting buggy you put the guy on the spot that caused the response. Harsh, but effective.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #6
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

That's kind of what I'm thinking, but boy I do not know where to go from here. yes, I will be using it on some trails but really nothing crazy... he said downhill is the issue and ill never get this thing going over 25MPH or so. I see tons of people online love that motor in their series cart with a lift... unsure why I would be any different.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

at top speed going down hill , yes there could be motor failure with exceeding the rpm limits of the motor .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lifted, motor, newbie
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car