lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Sled-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Default where to buy golf cart for cheap?

Is there any such thing as a cheap golf cart? i can't find anything for under $200. any ideas on where to find one for cheap?
Sled-Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: where to buy golf cart for cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled-Cart View Post
Is there any such thing as a cheap golf cart? i can't find anything for under $200. any ideas on where to find one for cheap?
I just saw a carry-all for sale here, no motor, no wiring, no front cowl, no seats... Best offer...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: where to buy golf cart for cheap?

This is a ridiculous question without a location..... I could tell you where to buy a 3 wheeled Harley with out a motor, seats, or wheels needing paint for under $200 in Ca. and it wouldn't be a deal for you in Ga.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
Craigs carts
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

I've been buying carts faster than I can haul them home lately. craigslist has been full of good deals
Craigs carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Another reply with no location
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #6
shawn.m
Gone Wild

umm not anywhere near nor cal. I can tell you that
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #7
Sled-Cart
Not Yet Wild

sorry, I am located near Columbus, Ohio.
Sled-Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
dragster boy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled-Cart View Post
sorry, I am located near Columbus, Ohio.
None here for super cheap that I have found. I have been scouring everything for the past 1.5 years in an attempt to grab the golden goose and just went ahead and came off a little more cash and was able to get something.
dragster boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Not sure about where you are, but where I am I just started putting ads on craigslist asking if anyone had any golf carts they wanted to get out of their yard, or part with fairly cheap, and I got quite a few responses.

In one week I had 4 carts, and spent no more than $125 on any one of them (bought 2 for $50 total, bought another for $125, and another for $40). All in various stages of disrepair, but well worth the $. Sold one of them within a week for $250, so I made most of my money back rather quickly. One had fairly decent batteries, and a good charger, but the motor was torn apart and had a blown solenoid and controller, another had a "meltdown" so the batteries were all destroyed, as was all wiring and electronics (resistor cart), but motor seems ok, and is otherwise complete. The other one is a Harley gasser that is mostly complete, but I haven't had a chance to clean it up or try to start the engine yet.

Always, always, always, put ads on craigslist for your area, and surrounding areas, and word them properly, and you'd be surprised at the hits you can get. Someone that might not otherwise be trying to sell a cart, might see the ad and say "why not get that hunk of metal out of my yard?".

Good Luck.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP-Electronics View Post
Not sure about where you are, but where I am I just started putting ads on craigslist asking if anyone had any golf carts they wanted to get out of their yard, or part with fairly cheap, and I got quite a few responses.

In one week I had 4 carts, and spent no more than $125 on any one of them (bought 2 for $50 total, bought another for $125, and another for $40). All in various stages of disrepair, but well worth the $. Sold one of them within a week for $250, so I made most of my money back rather quickly. One had fairly decent batteries, and a good charger, but the motor was torn apart and had a blown solenoid and controller, another had a "meltdown" so the batteries were all destroyed, as was all wiring and electronics (resistor cart), but motor seems ok, and is otherwise complete. The other one is a Harley gasser that is mostly complete, but I haven't had a chance to clean it up or try to start the engine yet.

Always, always, always, put ads on craigslist for your area, and surrounding areas, and word them properly, and you'd be surprised at the hits you can get. Someone that might not otherwise be trying to sell a cart, might see the ad and say "why not get that hunk of metal out of my yard?".

Good Luck.
well put SP.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts