lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2019, 02:06 PM   #1
dearthvader
Not Yet Wild

Default Sway (anit-roll) bar for RXV

All,

I recently completed a custom 4-link suspension for the rear of my 2014 Ezgo RXV. Overall the project was successful as I have a tremendous amount of articulation and the ride is softened significantly over stock. The one caveat is the body roll is pretty bad especially at speeds over 10-12 mph. This is due to two things: 1. I installed a Jake's long travel suspension on the front several months ago that already contributed some to body roll but wasn't too bad due to having a leaf spring suspension setup in the rear. 2. Once I installed the 4-link the rear suspension articulates freely and coilover setup isn't quite enough to counteract the roll.

I've already positioned the coilovers in the front as far vertical as possible to counteract roll and also placed plenty of tension on the front springs but it really doesn't help much.

With that in mind I believe a rear anti-roll bar would help significantly. It doesn't take much research to find there are no bolt on options for golf carts. I have welding and other fabrication skills to make one myself if warranted; however, if there is an easier route like purchasing one already manufactured for a UTV or 4-wheeler is a viable option I would consider.

Also, if I need to fabricate one myself what material is ideal? I've seen some people simply use DOM tubing (on their car) and seemed to be pleased. A golf cart is relatively light weight and wouldn't cause significant loads on an anti-roll bar.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
dearthvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Sway (anit-roll) bar for RXV

Some atv's and UTV's have roll bars available. Might take some digging on the net. I usually search up certain models and look at all the images. Once I find an image that has what I want, then I dig deeper to try and nail down what model I'm looking at. I've done this with steering parts, suspension/shocks, and misc parts with some success.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AntiSwayBar-Honda450-20-1700a.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg iTiMotorsports-SwayBar-1.jpg (77.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg rzr-xp-1000-sway-bar-mounts-47.png.jpg (80.4 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Sway (anit-roll) bar for RXV

The guy that made the G2/9 lift kits made one its posted here someplace. Pachanga was it? He put the lift design on here for people. That was years back.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ery-tippy.html
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lifted, roll bar, rxv, suspension
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts