lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax controller reading throttle at 100%

My Curtis controller went out on my 2010 Club Car Precedent 48V club car. I purchased and installed the XCTAlltrax48400-IQ controller. It came preprogrammed from D&D Motors. Installation went good, green light on controller, pressed the throttle and solenoid click, cart didn't move. Looked over installation, was all good.

Checked programming, found issue with wrong motor field map, so I installed the correct one from Alltrax, still a no go with throttle set for club car IQ in the Alltrax software. Throttle shows at 0% with regardless of throttle position. Swapped MCORS out and same issue. Set throttle type to 5k-0, or 0-5K, don't remember off hand, and throttle shoes 100%. This is the only setting I can get the cart to move at, and it jerks because the cart goes from stopped to 100% throttle as soon as the throttle switch is closed. Played around with throttle rate to help with this for right now, but MCOR is fine. My only thoughts could be a open wire or a programming setting I am overlooking. Any help or ideas is appreciated.
mrnix310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2019, 08:58 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax controller reading throttle at 100%

First thing I would do is set throttle type to 5K-0 ohms. Then in the pull down menu named controller select clear autocal. Work the pedal in neutral a few times from max to min and see what happens.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:57 AM   #3
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Forgot to mention, I have tried that as well. Cleared the cal on throttle set as club car also. I could live with it if only the rate of acceleration was smoother, but right now it feels like when a turbo spools up after I played with throttle rate. FYI I have made sure I had the setting turned off that uses throttle rate instead of throttle controller when making those changes.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Put the throttle setting back to the default setting.

If you are using the black wire with yellow stripe behind the dash for accessories you need to disconnect it, that is a shared negative with the throttle and it will cause issues with the Altrax controller.

If you still have problems disconnect the 3 pin MCOR connector and verify you have 5v on the white wire.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The correct throttle setting for this cart is MCOR.
That should fix any throttle problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:13 PM   #6
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Sergio, I’ll try disconnecting that when I get home. Seems like the most likely issue, I’ve tried the obvious fixes, just figured it would have to be a wire gremlin somewhere.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:13 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The correct throttle setting for this cart is MCOR.
That should fix any throttle problem.
This ^

5K-0, nor 0-5K are the correct throttle setting for a Precedent. You're looking for the "Club Car (MCOR)" throttle setting.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:47 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnix310 View Post
...with throttle set for club car IQ in the Alltrax software...
I thought he meant the throttle setting was right, but since the field map was wrong... maybe it is that simple.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:16 PM   #9
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Just to clear things up, yes it was originally set for club car IQ/precedent throttle for the MCOR. I attempted autocal with this setting and it didn't work. Throttle stayed at 0%. This was done after I updated to correct motor field map. I then changed throttle to 5K-0, throttle shoes 100%, and I can run the cart, however it goes full throttle no matter the throttle position as long as the throttle switch is closed.

Sergio, I looked at that wire, looks like it goes to empty connectors, my wiring diagram says for optional battery indicated which I do not have. So unless I over looked, it isn't connected. I'll try and test the voltage this Friday. Appreciate the help.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:19 AM   #10
mrnix310
Not Yet Wild

Tested the white wire on the mcor connection, got 4.52 volts across the battery neg. wanted to note that I probed from the back of the connection while still connected to the mcor, also I have the mcor 2. Not sure that it matters in the scheme of things.

Last edited by mrnix310; 10-17-2019 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Added info.

Tags
alltrax, mcor, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car