lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
Jason baker
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas g1 no power to switches

I recently purchased a 1980 g1 and I am trying to get it running. It needed a new key switch when I got it and I replaced that thinking that once I did it would then be fixed But I got no power. So I started to check everything with a volt meter and I get no power at the switch. No power at the stop switch. No power at the voltage regulator. No power at the cdi. No power at the four wires on mag and no power on the red and green wires coming out of the gen. But I do get power from the new battery, of course, and I get 13 volts at all four large post on the two solenoids, which have all contacts on the front. And I get 13 volts at all four leads that connect to the starter generator.
So my question is is there supposed to be power at all the post on both solenoids and all four leads on the gen at the same time? I get no power at the small post on either solenoid. But I can jump start it at either solenoid and it will run. Once it’s running the switch works, the pedal works, but soon as I let off the pedal zero power again.
My thought is that the starter solenoid is bad????
Any thoughts?
With the switch on in either direction and the pedal pushed I get no click at either solenoid and no power anywhere except to the solenoids. But if I jump it I get power everywhere. So something is stopping power until it’s started/ jumped
From my reading on here I’m seeing that two of the leads on the gen are grounds and two are positive but then I see that there should be volts on the negative too so that is confusing. I get no volts on the negatives anywhere either btw
I’m kinda lost
Thinking of taking the starter gen out and cleaning contacts
Both solenoids being bad at same time seems unlikely 🤷🏼*♂️
Jason baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Gas g1 no power to switches

did you check both fuses? glass fuses in round rubber capsule looking things close to the cdi and regulator.

in the bottom of my post is a link to the G1 service manual
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #3
Jason baker
Not Yet Wild

Both fuses are good. But I’ll work my way through the manual you sent and see if I can get things figured out. Thank you
Jason baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #4
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Check that wire from the positive terminal from the battery that feeds into the wiring loom...That was my problem once...I had a total loss of power...A fracture was the issue.
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

That your carts runs when you jump the solenoids leads me to think that your stop switch is bad.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
can jump start, new key switch, no power, no voltage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha