lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Clunky Steering and other questions lifted 07 Precedent

Hi everyone, just joined and looking for a little help so I'll try to make this as to the point as possible

- Bought used 07 Precedent 2 weeks ago and started doing some upgrades but hitting some snags.

- put on an SGC coil over 6" a arm lift and i'm hearing a some clunking when going over bumps and also when turning the wheel all the way to the right, even at a complete stop. I did install the steering spacer and adjusted the toe-in/alignment to spec

- Steering has normal resistance but sounds like there is some binding somewhere. The tie rod ends look to be worn so I've ordered replacements but the existing originals don't have a lot of play. I've also ordered new hub assemblies just to cross my t's and dot my i's.

- There were no instructions on how far to screw in the top king pin eyes on either side so I eyeballed how much and screwed them in. Even with the bottom eyes all the way in (the only post-install adjustable portion), I still have negative camber. Once the top king pin is in, the top bolt can't be adjusted, but the top king pins were installed with red loctite so I can't back out the top eye without disassembling.

Questions:

Do I just have to deal with the slightly negative camber unless I want to buy a propane torch and remove the top pin? Or is there a way to adjust it I'm not thinking of?

Are there grease fittings or serviceable parts in the steering box/linkage that I can either adjust or lubricate to alleviate the binding and knocking?

How much should I tighten the A Arm bolts to ensure they have some play so that the suspension can move?

What is the recommended PSI for 23" all terrain type tires on 14" wheels? I'm at about 20PSI but it's still a little rough.

Thanks, excited to join the board!
dubzga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Clunky Steering and other questions lifted 07 Precedent

Don't know nothing about Precedent suspensions but 8 to 10 psi is all you need in ATV tires.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:44 AM   #3
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Don't know nothing about Precedent suspensions but 8 to 10 psi is all you need in ATV tires.
Good to know, thanks for responding! Is 10psi enough for driving on the street? I'm on road 90% of the time
dubzga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

10 will do it.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift, precedent, steering, suspension, tie rod
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts