lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2018, 09:28 AM   #21
Park1200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 48500 not powering unless hooked to computer

I had the same issue. I called ALLTRAX and went through the troubleshooting with them. They asked me to send it back to them.
Park1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
One odd thing is the controller will now power up, with the key off, simply by switching the rocker switch into gear.
That is caused by your Reversing Contactor negative connection providing +17v to the positive activation wire when the key switch is OFF.

Just turn your key switch OFF, cart in Neutral and measure the voltage on the positive activation terminal in each of your Reversing Contactor coil.

You definitely need to install that diode on the negative wire at battery #4, the alternative is to raise the setting for KSI voltage, but that may not eliminate all of the parasitic battery drain if the cart is left in gear with the Key OFF.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #23
Jdonley
Not Yet Wild

Sergio- I received the diode from Amazon. I ordered some ring terminals to be able to fit the post, but apparently those are shipping from China and I am a little delayed.

I will keep the thread updated as soon as I can modify some components.
Jdonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:15 PM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdonley View Post
Sergio- I received the diode from Amazon. I ordered some ring terminals to be able to fit the post, but apparently those are shipping from China and I am a little delayed.

I will keep the thread updated as soon as I can modify some components.
Do You have a soldering iron?

Since There is already a ring connector on the existing wire connecting to the battery post, You can just cut it near the terminal and solder the diode in line.

Just remember to put the diode side with the "stripe" towards the battery post and slide a piece of heat-shrink tube before soldering the wire so that you can insulate the soldered connections.

You should not have a solid wire like the diode lead directly crimped to the battery post ring connector due to connection fatigue resulting from movement.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:10 PM   #25
Jdonley
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio! I received everything. But in the meantime, the controller became completely unresponsive.

For everyone else, thank you too for your suggestions. I ended up ordering another controller from cats unlimited and had it at my doorstep on the east coast in 3 days! I installed it tonight and the cart works flawlessly and reliably.

I am awaiting to see if Alltrax can fix the other controller. If so, I now have an excuse to buy another cart! This is a fantastic group for this first time guy who was trying to figure the basic set-up, not just trouble shooting. Thanks again.
Jdonley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48500, 48v, alltrax sr, no power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO