lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
tlael
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ GO TXT PDS Intermittently No Forward/Reverse

So, I recently purchased a used 2007 TXT PDS and began having issues after a week or so.
I searched the forums, but couldn't find an issue which matched my case, so I thought I'd share to help anyone else that had similar issues.

Cart specifics:
2007 TXT PDS (36V)
No Modifications
Trojan batteries with 2 years on them

Issue Specifics:
Sporadic no-go when pedal depressed (Forward worse than Reverse).
Doing a "Flintstone" would almost always get the cart moving under its own power, but eventually that trick began to fail.
Audible solenoid click when pedal depressed.
Battery pack voltage within spec.
Individual batteries' voltages within spec.
PDS controller bench tested good.
ITS/ITS adjustment tested good.
Diagnostic code reported low voltage when issue would occur (2-1).

Since there aren't many moving parts at work and, once going, the motor seemed to do just fine, I decided to test the solenoid.
When it was cool first thing in the morning, the solenoid tested on the acceptable, yet high, end of the range across the large terminals, but once I took it out and got it to fail a few times, the resistance would be high out of spec.

So, long story short, ordered up a solenoid and replaced it. Problem gone. The new solenoid checked out on the very low end of acceptable resistance when I installed it and tested it.

Moral of the story, a borderline solenoid, once heated up, can produce the symptoms above and a low voltage code to go with it.
tlael is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ GO TXT PDS Intermittently No Forward/Reverse

Motor brushes. When you push the cart you are turning the motor and brushes are getting past the bad spot on the armature.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
intermittent operation, low voltage, no forward, no reverse, pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO