lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2018, 06:38 AM   #21
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: BMS for 36 cell 48v module

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasVolt View Post
I got mine from zeva.com.au it got here in less than a week.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I was talking about the charger. Zeva is very quick and great to deal with.
blfinche is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2018, 07:20 AM   #22
ArkansasVolt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by blfinche View Post
I was talking about the charger. Zeva is very quick and great to deal with.
Oops! [emoji15] I obviously has BMS on my mind. I got the TC Elcon charger through AliExpress. It took 10 days before they shipped it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ArkansasVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #23
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
I'd love to hear your results running a Volt pack with a max charge of 50.4V on a 48V system when your done with the install.

I can see the increase in performance if converting to 48V and running a 36V motor on the Volt pack, but I wonder if it would take away from the performance if you're already at 48V?
I used two Volt modules and tapped into the second one part way. That gave me a 14S battery at 58.8v max voltage.

I can tell you with certainty that I gained a lot of performance, but...

I am still running the stock 48v controller. Since lead acid batteries typically take 60v in the charge cycle, I assumed the stock controller could handle anything under 60v.

So, by using the stock controller still I have to assume the difference is due to the 400 or so pounds of weight loss.

Think of your 48v cart. Double the acceleration and then think of it's top end on a fully charged FLA battery. That's what it's like. I have a TXT48300 controller that I plan to install, also good to 60v. But then I'll be able to modify the max speed, acceleration ramp rates, etc and should have even more gains. Similar to the 36->48 conversion since they change controllers too.

For anybody wondering, I bought two 48v and one 24v module shipped for $800. The 48v + 24v are in my cart now. The other 48v module may go in my buddies 36v cart or I may put it in mine since I only used 2 cells from the 24v module, I can add the 48v module and two more cells and double my Ah. Depends on how quickly he claims the 48v pack...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v conversion, bms, lithium battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!